trunk leak in my '00 civic hatchback. HELP!!!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice! good luck and i hope that fixes your problem. im pretty sure it will

mizz_kristy

oh eff
5+ Year Member
ok, my dad went to the dealership and talked to one of the mechanics yesterday, he said that we should try siliconing the gasket, their $15 each at the dealership. so we managed to get the taillights off, noticed that there was some water and gunk in there, cleaned it all up, siliconed it, and now we're just waiting for the next bit of rain. will let you know!! I'm thinking that was def. it though. thanks for all your help! =)

greent

5+ Year Member
if you have an aftermarket wing you might need gaskets on the bolts. caus that is one of the spots that mine leeked at, along with the tail lights.

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since these is a leaking thread... I also have a leak well leaks..... I have fixed the notorious tail light leak but now I have a leak coming from the sides. I looked to see if it is the drain tubes but cant really tell. I am just going to silcone the s**t out off all the places water can come in. hopefully no more water in the trunk.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since these is a leaking thread... I also have a leak well leaks..... I have fixed the notorious tail light leak but now I have a leak coming from the sides. I looked to see if it is the drain tubes but cant really tell. I am just going to silcone the s**t out off all the places water can come in. hopefully no more water in the trunk.
do you have a moonroof?

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its probably the drain hoses then. i would work on trying to get to those

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that is what I am thinking but damn those are a b***h to get to.... well actually just a b***h to look at

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem :thumbs up glad i could help

matteblackcivic

friends dont let friends
5+ Year Member
i have the same problem also, but it happened after sum jerk in a truck backed into me. not much damage, just a busted taillight. but after it happened, ive been getting water in my trunk also. ive sealed up what i thought was the problem, but its still coming.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i have water coming in from the plastic c pillar panels. it drips down right where my speakers would be (hatch is stripped). it's towards the back of the rear windows. I'd be surprised if the rear windows were leaking...but i guess anything is possible.

maybe it's the hatch seal towards the top and it's just running along the c pillars?