trunk lid rattle from subs

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
So yeah got some bass in the trunk, not too much but at certain Hz it sounds like sh*# outside of the car, is there anyway to fix it without goin spray foam crazy and addin 20lbs to the trunk lid?:2confused

EG-CX

dyno mat works really well for that kind of stuff

Decipher

Registered VIP
Like I said, shop around... that site I linked you makes stuff identical to dyanmat, except cheaper! There's no reason to pay out the ass for sheets of adhesive rubber.

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or you can go to Home Depot. They have this thing called Quick Roof. Same material but for a lot less.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dynamat is more trouble than it's worth, it's expensive, doesn't work that well unless you use an assload, and ends up looking like s**t. You mentioned not wanting to add weight to the trunk, best solution, ditch the subs.

EG-CX

Dynamat is more trouble than it's worth, it's expensive, doesn't work that well unless you use an assload, and ends up looking like s***. You mentioned not wanting to add weight to the trunk, best solution, ditch the subs.
x2 i ditched my system pulled my cargo cover and back seat and i lost almost 250 lbs. (yes i did have one hell of a system my 2 12inch subs in a ported box weighed 95 by them selves and it was a light weight box as well)

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Yeah my system is a bit more than what I want, but I just enjoy music much more when I can feel the bass, plus its a DD so I'm not worried about losing weight, no plans on racing it or anything, but thx for info.

New Vega

HondArmy
I no this sounds dub, but b4 i did hondas i built monster DB systems. Best Dead for the dollar is greatstuff expanding foam. fill the frame of the lid with it as well as inner quarter panels & pockets under trunk liner. HUGE difference. Less vibe & more bass.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I no this sounds dub, but b4 i did hondas i built monster DB systems. Best Dead for the dollar is greatstuff expanding foam. fill the frame of the lid with it as well as inner quarter panels & pockets under trunk liner. HUGE difference. Less vibe & more bass.
I believe it, plus you're only adding a few ounces of weight, instead of lbs. Once your done, just hide it somehow.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Picked some up this morning, now the 8 hour cure time wait.............................................!

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Wow I'm a slacker, forgot I didn't update this, spray foam worked pretty good, adds more weight than I thought it would, but its not too bad, trunk rattle is almost gone, the only thing makin noise now is the brake light in my spoiler, but I kinda wanna get rid of it anyway so owell.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I believe it, plus you're only adding a few ounces of weight, instead of lbs. Once your done, just hide it somehow.
i personaly have dynamat, but. with the expanding foam. just get the ssame colour as your car in a rattle can, and spray over it to make it less tacky... js