Tuning bits

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rite then people dont no how many of you have got one of these but i am slowly getting fed up of it i have got a honda civic coupe 1996/97 (ej6) with the D16Y7 S.O.H.C none V-tec,

Has any one tried to modifie this engine and no i dont wont to take it out yet and i dont wont to turbo charge or super charge it which (seem's to be the responce you normally get) i am after cam's and such like and i seem to be struggerling to find thing's and the uk has nothing to offer for it at all.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm not sure about places in England.. but there are parts all over the place for it in the US. Shipping will be a b***h.. but if you search some of the US sites you won't have a problem finding parts.

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
I'm not sure about places in England.. but there are parts all over the place for it in the US. Shipping will be a b***h.. but if you search some of the US sites you won't have a problem finding parts.
i have been looking even typing in the enjine code on google such like with no come back's tried crower and many more can you sujjest any site's for me then chear's

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe (somebody please confirm this) that the american car you'd be looking for parts for is the 96 - 00 Civic LX. Try searching for that and see if you can find anything.

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
I believe (somebody please confirm this) that the american car you'd be looking for parts for is the 96 - 00 Civic LX. Try searching for that and see if you can find anything.

Is it not the honda civic DX

lucasl

comming back to vtec
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hi mate i have a 1.6lsi coupe too and have just done a b18 swap from one of those civic aerodecks to be honest ur not gonna get much power out of d series non vtec without loads of money and loads of work, you could convert it to vtec, ie get a vtec head, intake etc. from the scrappy or do a swap for a b series, it depends though on what you want from your car

the reason i went for a swap because it is the cheapest option for more power plus me and my friend fitted it ourselves

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chear's lucasl, i have looked into this and even spoke to jackan and banzai magazine and i think this is what i am going to do, however i did find a jackson racing super charger for the D16Y7 and piper can re profile my cam for £120 quid so i have started finding thing's but in the long run i think the engine is onlu caperble of 170 bhp or like you i could put the B18C4 out of the VTIs in the car and get some teg GSR bit's for it and push 200bhp + still norm asperated