Tuning SOHC

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, so i now know for sure im sticking with my SOHC d16 engine. Im propably gonna get started on it about december but im planning it all out until then. Once i get the engine built up and tuned to where i want it, im gonna Boost it with the edelbrock kit, but since im doing most of the work myself i want to build up the engine first so i dont have to mess with the turbo while tryin to work on the rest of the engine. Right now all i have on the list is Skunk2 cam shaft and cam gears. Any valuable tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want a good amount of boost, make sure you upgrade the bolts and connecting rods

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

Hesus

the LS PiMP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what is your engine code? D16y7? or D16y8?

Hesus

the LS PiMP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you never know what it could be....

Limit-98Vic

Nibble's And Bits
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wouldnt you get shitty load of turbo lag? thats the only reason i havnt turbo'ed mine

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
he's got an ex, so unless the engine's been swapped out, it's a d16y8...

turbo lag depends on several factors, including snail size

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16y8, there shouldnt be much lag because the edelbrock kit is made for that engine and the snail isnt oversized..

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if the snail is sized rigt lag wont be a prob....also buy one cam gear, im not sure what youll do with the others....how much boost you running?? if over say 8 psi id redo internals as well....but yeah a new valve train would be a very good start....and get some bolts that will that s**t down good

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some Crower Rods JE pistons or something like that, have the crank spun/balanced Sleeve the cylinders would be awesome but not always needed... other then that you should be good, get some better valve springs and youre good to go

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member

auto-transform

Site Sponsor
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edel-brock turbo

Hey guys,
My name is Henry. I work for Auto-transform.com. I noticed people talking about the edel-brock turbo. With no internal mods and about 6-7 psi of boost a 96-00 civic will put out 170 ponies at the wheels and 140lbs of torque. If you want more info read this month's import tuner mag or email us at sales@auto-transform.com. We are having a sale on this turbo kit. Only $3200. any questions just ask.

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks anfrey for the update on turbod16, i knew they were changing just never knew when.