tuning

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have an odd question and i already think i know the answer, and didnt know which thread to put this in

as some of you know i got an ej8, obd 2 compliant. i am one of those kind of people that i dont like running a with a cat just a straight pipe or test pipe if you will. now i cant really find any information on obd 2 chipping or tuning....surprise surprise. the only way i know is obd 1 and chipping then tuning with chrome, hondata and so on. i would like to know if i delete the cat and keep the down stream o2 sensor, would it still throw codes. it should since it would read different without the innards of the cat. eventually i would like to run a chipped p28, but i gots to find one first.

emerican

Registered VIP
before its tuned yes it will throw a check engine light for a test pipe, but you can do the trick and make it go away thats whats done on mine i have a test pipe and still have the 02 sensor im obd2 and no check engine light

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WI doesn't do emissions anyway so when you tune it you can just have it turned off
also finding a shop to tune obd2 is pretty hard unless its a standalone set up like apexi power fc, but even with that each state only has one authorized tuning shop

emerican

Registered VIP
yeah thats the trick i was talking about same thing is done to mine and its fine

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I just bought some today to try and get new bung welded in for wide and. They are cheaper than a actual bung at advanced just cut off bottom part

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...there is a reason why the software for obd2 sucks. Just stick with what has been proven time and time again.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy s**t, got traction graced this thread. Felt like i got in a time machine ;)

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I can get you a chipped p28 (or p what ever and chipped to what ever). It literally takes all of 2 seconds to turn off the 02 using CROME and burn the chip. I have a burner, chips, sockets, CROME... It's ridiculously simple to do.