Tuning

Lucas Mast

I know for like the mustangs and other cars you can get live tuners in your car to help fuel consumption and the way it drives. I'm new to this site and new to the whole honda thing too. I'd greatly appreciate it if you gave me links and places to search for tuners if there is anything like that. thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can probably get something to monitor it but you aren't going to get something that you can "tune" when you want to on the fly. 6th gen doesn't have a reprogrammable ECU from my understanding. That is why people modify the system and swap to an ecu that will accept a tune when they go turbo.

The ones you are seeing are most likely later models that have the ability to tune on the fly or weren't 6th gens with a factory original ecu.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no such thing for 15-20 year old vehicles. But (as usual) Honda was the platform which started the tuning back in the 90's and nowadays, the tune on the fly for newer cars just by plugging some module in the port makes things quite easy..

For your ride, it will require you so swap to an OBD1 ecu and tune the fuel maps manually.

Neptune and Hondata are the pioneers in modern Honda ECU tuning for OBD1

Lucas Mast

Thanks I wasn't really going to get one, but one of my buddies has a mustang gt with an ecu tuner and its pretty sweet. I wasn't sure if Honda would make something like that, I guess not.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres a few handheld tuning devices out there that work with any newer vehicle..

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or depending where you live, you can find a tuner locally to do it and put it on the dyno. But it's usually suggested to get a new tune after each added part(s). There are many great tuners around the country that do it for a price and the tune will last.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or you can do what i did..

Get the neptune demon board.. then get a tune on the dyno to set all the timing and parameters..

Then fine tune everything with your laptop. The dyno doesnt simulate real world conditions. Going in and making small adjustments to the map on the fly can clean up small air fuel ratios. The resolution with neptune is great for making a smooth map