Turbo @ 10psi??

What would you choose out of the following for a B16A @ 10psi?

• Garrett GT3071R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UK_VTI

5+ Year Member
I have been trying to work this out but have been confusing my self! :???: If I want to boost with 10psi but on occation need to turn it DOWN what wastgate spring should use??

If you have an electronic boost controller do you use a spring lower than your target psi???

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
Use a 6 psi spring, this way you can always run this level of boost whenever necessary and turn it up to 12 psi whenever you'd like to boost more using your electronic controller.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, what he said

UK_VTI

5+ Year Member
So,say if i had hondata i just change the boost level in that, yes? But does this mean I need two different fuel maps? One for the lower boost and one for the higer boost?

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
UK_VTI said:
So,say if i had hondata i just change the boost level in that, yes? But does this mean I need two different fuel maps? One for the lower boost and one for the higer boost?
Both Hondata & AEM EMS allows you to use a boost control feature ( by electronically adjusting the controller solenoid ).

Yes, it would be best to create different maps based on different levels of boost for peak performance of either setup. Obviously when running 6lbs you'll be running different setting than with 8, 10 or even 12 lbs of boost. =)

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ yup, he made it pretty simple.

GReddy even has a remote switch you can attach to your steering wheel, and at the push of a button switch from low to high without taking your hand off the wheel. Good for once you hook up at low boost, you can switch to high. I beileve its for the Profec B's.

you'll need two fuel maps, hondata has this feature =)