Turbo D16 Dyno Results!

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was at the SpeedQuest Dyno Days and decided to dyno my car since I just got a custom 2.5" downpipe, 3" hi flo cat, and 3" thermal catback exhaust.

Setup:
D16Y8
GReddy 19T Turbo Kit
JRC 5" Intercooler
2.5" DP --> 3" Cat --> 3" Thermal
8PSI

Last Years Numbers:
177.75HP and 164.58TQ

This year's best:
185.37HP and 174.27TQ

The Green lines on the dyno chart is my results with the stock GReddy downpipe and GReddy EVO exhaust... the Red and Blue lines is with my new exhaust setup. Midrange power jump alot!! 20ft-lbs of torque at 4500~ rpm, oh yeah!

1loudex

Team Redline
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you ever ran in the 1/4?

turbomook

SPOOOOON!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not bad but turn the boost up. 10 lbs will be fine. You'll break 200 with 10 pounds of boost.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The only REAL option for SOHC.

I see that you got it tuned right now. Got the A/F ratio where its supposed to be. Looks like you was running a bit rich some time ago which caused you to loss a lot of power.

HiGH_CiTY

Lock It Up!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u should go w/ a 3inch downpipe to match the rest of the exhuast . . . that should help free up some power

resize ownz joo1111!!!

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1loudex: yea i ran the quarter but with a glazed clutch from the previous run and rolled off the line with a 2.5 60 ft. so i only managed a 15.0.... but have no fears i got me a stage 3 clutch and a fidanza flywheel, just waitin' on the LSD... :twisted:

iamcivic: i decided to keep the boost at a reliable 8 psi, because if anythin' goes awry i don't have much money to get it fixed and i don't wanna deal with downtime... as of now i'm beefin' up my drivetrain so i run slicks...

iamcivic

zdnfhsz fhz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbomook said:
not bad but turn the boost up. 10 lbs will be fine. You'll break 200 with 10 pounds of boost.
OMG Im in love with our sig..
**Headed to the bathroom**

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome numbers, find someone who can tune crome or uberdata.. buy yourself a ecu and get it tuned to reliably run 10psi, its been done.... and when i was looking for uberdata tuners, it would of cost around 400 dollars with tuning and dyno runs...and the time to burn and program.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that makes me want to turbo my Y8...

NICE numbers

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohc_vtec 2NR said:
...fidanza flywheel...
You will fear when the fidanza fails, they are such cheap pieces of s**t. I'm glad I returned the one I bought (looked at how it was built and said f**k this) and just spent more on a way better SSG flywheel.

KScivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Revolver said:
You will fear when the fidanza fails, they are such cheap pieces of s**t. I'm glad I returned the one I bought (looked at how it was built and said f**k this) and just spent more on a way better SSG flywheel.
SSG? First time I have ever heard of complaints about Fidanza...

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol Ive never heard a positive fidanza comment. The SSG 1.5spec is only 9lbs but it is damn beefy and will handle just about anything you can throw at it. SSG has been around forever and have been making import flywheels for a while now but not many people other than muscle car guy have heard of them.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fidanza makes sick s**t dood, its the only flywheel that TurboTrix will use....even on their 9 second street evo...

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanMc300 said:
fidanza makes sick s**t dood, its the only flywheel that TurboTrix will use....even on their 9 second street evo...
Because I bet they have a sponsorship deal with them and get free flywheels. If I got like 8 free flywheels every season I'd run Fidanza too.