turbo pistons high or low compression????

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lower compression.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The lower the better with boost. That is true
False.

Lower compression pistons are more forgivable when boosted. They let you run more boost b/c of the lower compression, and if the tune isnt all that great, its more forgiving. Now, with higher compression pistons, the tune has to be 100% perfect. You can still run more boost, but there is less room for error. Most people run low compression for the sake of ease of tuning.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Low CP = Higher Boost
Higher CP = Lower Boost
But both can gain you the same HP output. If done right with proper tune.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
False.

Lower compression pistons are more forgivable when boosted. They let you run more boost b/c of the lower compression, and if the tune isnt all that great, its more forgiving. Now, with higher compression pistons, the tune has to be 100% perfect. You can still run more boost, but there is less room for error. Most people run low compression for the sake of ease of tuning.
FTW!

Low CP = Higher Boost
Higher CP = Lower Boost
But both can gain you the same HP output. If done right with proper tune.
FALSE!
Lowering the static compression makes you loose power. Youre loosing power from the start.

they also make hybrid hi/low pistons too
Stock? :lol:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Originally Posted by ohsnapzitzmeng View Post
they also make hybrid hi/low pistons too
Stock?

I was thinking the same thing! lolz

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stock internals and 20lbs of boost, then beat the s**t outta it! see how long it goes lol

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
False.

This.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that a motorcycle turbo?

Fastfiveo2

5+ Year Member
I have a JDM B16A with YCP CTR pistons. Is my compression too high to boost? If I can boost it, is there anywhere in GA that can do the proper tune?

alstonfered

5+ Year Member
Hello,
I agree.Lower Compression is good.You can run more boost, but there is less room for error. Lower compression is used for easy tuning.