mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
While at sonic i took some pics as inspiration for you

Someday I will get a tubing bender...
can't wait to see this truck fully done!
atleast people are finally checking in. I've been out of town for a couple weeks. Been in rock springs wyoming, fallon nevada, reno, san francisco, and now I'm in bakersfield.

So hopefully I will be home Monday and can start working on the truck after I Mow the grass and s**t. Lol. And hopefully I will get my turbo manifold also.

Hah Greg.. here's another one I took:

Come on man get this s*** on the road!!!!!
Not a bad lookin hardbody!

I'm tryin bro! Kinda hard when I'm out of town for weeks on end with work, but I have bought some neato s**t!

When I get everything I will post up pics.

ah i cant find the pics of that truck that i took, maybe i didnt. idk, but i definately looked at it. ran the same rear end as the other truck. all custom tubing.

This truck need to see some road time! All work, no play
Someones gotta work around here...

Man, doing work! Been awhile since I checked this thread out...Again, let me know if you want that 2wd Yota bumper I have!
Well check back more often!
I just made a big purchase, but I would like to have that bumper!

Pic updates next week I promise!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, I need a new sig!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No news until its in and I can take pics!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have the parts arrived yet!? =)
Some of them have. I have been gone from home for a few weeks, so I tend to get on ebay and such a lot! Lol

If the weather holds up this week I hope to get a lot done on the truck since I actually get some days off!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The big parts are in!

Still waiting on a couple more and then I will get up some pics for all u mofos!
Made a good deal of progress last week, but didn't get as far as I wanted.
The weather was horrible and I had a birthday party to take the kids to and then my friend from missouri came into town, so I spent some time with him before I had to go back to work, but hopefully I can get some pics up before my buddies wedding this weekend.

Getting old sucks...

Teck95

5+ Year Member
so i just stumbled uppon this thread and spent the last 2 hours looking through it ( i know i got no life lol) your build is freaking sick!! and i cant wait to see more. heads up your doing a fab job

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATES!

so its been awhile since i posted pics, but here are some updates.
i have been super busy with work and other things, but i have got some big deal parts and some work done!

first off i got everything fitted and then started welding the floor up solid with the tranny tunnel and getting working on the back of the cab floor!
i spaced the tranny tunnel up and then welded 16 ga strips to it and it made the floor super solid...

i also picked up a matching rx7 center console and started the tranny tunnel.

random horrible pic of the step up spacing for the floor. shows how much i had to raise it to clear the frame!

and the drivers side...

then i cut the rear floor section. i am hoping to have enough room to run rx7 rear seats also, but thats fr a different day, plus theyre f***ing hard to come by in good condition and not cost $500, so that will have to wait...

making sure everything is gonna be level and square is important. everything is gonna be covered in carpet, but it needs to feel like it is stock and not custom. basically i want this to feel like it came this way from the factory and everything fits without being cramped even though i am using an interior from a car..

so to keep with the car theme, its gotta have a hand brake instead of the pull style that trucks of this year have. so i got an rx7 ebrake setup and cut the mount off the rx7 tranny tunnel to use the ebrake and keep the flow of the car interior. here is the sheetmetal cutout, and measurements have been taken and the tranny tunnel will be sectioned to make this fit and look like it was meant to be...

here is the ebrake handle...

now onto the upgrade that i lost sleep over! i know i said i was in no hurry for seats, but i came across these for a smoking deal!
rx7 fc turbo II seats in primo condition! they are super comfy and fit so nice with the style and theme of the truck!
not installed, but mocked up!

i haz interior!

i also got my fc lower intake manifold to fd upper adapter and my daughter was helping me test fit it!

so my other truck stil doesnt run. i am having vacuum issues, so i said f*** trying to deal with chasing vacuum leaks and junk...

so i bought a weber carb for it! lol. if the weather would get nicer and i didnt have a wedding to go to today and im sure ill be hung over tomorrow, but ill try to get it on even though its supposed to rain. anywho, heres the weber..

and then just some random crap i bought when i was out of state for work and bored...
here is a wankel keychain that actually spins.. pretty cool for ten bucks lol..

and then i got this keychain for the other mazda... gotta be able to differentiate between the keys for the rotary and the piston engine lol...

anyway, i hope u guys enjoy the updates, and hopefully i can make some more headway in the next week or so...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn its dead in here!

guess i will update this anyways....

well the wifey and kids are away in Cali since i couldnt get off work for her dads wedding, so i figured i would make the best of them being gone, so i went on days off starting yesterday for the rest of the week.

ran errands yesterday morning, then got busy in the garage!

i would like to reiterate to all of u exactly how much measuring and thought go into every step i do. i realize it will be covered by carpet and such, but it has to be structurally sound and also function properly!

anywho, on to the pics..

so i started off by taking measurements for the ebrake handle and making it look and function as it does in the rx7. if u do comparisons between an rx7 interios and mine, u should see only very small differences!

i also got my center console controls, and i will rig the buttons up to something, i promise...

so i wanted to start buttoning everything up, so its a lot of just measuring and cutting pieces to fit. the bad part about this is i am not really setup to do cutting and welding at the same time. my garage only has one outlet, and one extension cord goes to the freezer in the garage and the other goes to run my welder and my grinder. the bad thing is is that i cant have both plugged in at the same time, or it will pop my breakers, so everytime i change from welding to cutting i have to unplug the welder and plug in my grinder. needless to say, its a huge pain in the ass. i am looking into getting some more outlets put in and upping my breaker box...

so i was going to build on to the existing metal that surrounded my tranny tunnel, but i decided i want to start new(imagine that), so i cut off the existing. trust me, it will be worth it in the long run! the basic idea behind this is for more leg room...

heres what i cut off..

i have to apologize in advance, i get in the swing of things, and forget to take pics, but basically what u see here is the frame i started fabbing for the rear section of the floor and also the amount of bracing i am using for it also...

got the rest of the front section of the passenger floor tacked in and ready to start stepping up to the back section...

this has got to be my favorite part of the floor so far. last time i body dropped it i just kinda made everything square, but im trying to update my skills lol.
too bad this will be covered in carpet...

here is a better pic of the rear frames. once again 1x1 square tubing... notice my leveling method--a paint can with a stack of unopened cutoff wheels lol. whatever works i gues..

sometimes u have to make adjustments as u go. the original piece i cut for this just wasnt working, so after about ten times of taking it in and out and making cuts on it, i got it usable...

transition all tacked in... lookin good eh?

trying to strengthen it up wherever possibly... goddamn that last body drop was haggard lol...

i wanted to fully weld that last piece in since i will be using it for strength and it will be covered by another piece...

sorry, some of these pics turned out kinda blurry...

heres the beginning of the tranny tunnel..

it also started getting dark on me lol...

and heres the last legible pic of the night even though i got more done after this... fabbed up the bridge over the carrier u joint for the driveline...

day two...

man was i ever sore. it takes a lot out of u bending over all day cutting and welding...

got off to a slow start. started on the driver side.

i have been putting this off for a long time cuz frankly, i didnt know exactly what i was going to do. all of my fuel lines and such were right in the way, so i made a relief cut in the crossmember and dropped them in. i will box all of this back in later, but for right now, it did the trick to get me the extra room..

deja vu

the first side is the easy side, but then when u have to replicate it and make it look the same on the other side, now thats a b****...
i took measurements from the other side thinking everything would work and i cut my pieces. then tried to use them with no avail. f*** doing s*** two or three times. i swear..

u guys still here?

so i ran out of shield gas for my welder, but i figured i would show u a better pic of how its coming together..

basically now i just have to fill in the blanks and make sure its solid and nothing hits. also i have to make sure i can still get to my cab mount bolts and such ad then fab up front cab mounts. then i will mount the seats and raise the dahs mounts an inch or so and then be ready to run wiring and all that jazz...

so tomorrow i pick the wife and kids up from the airport early, then i will go get more gas and hopefully get working on this again...

also been searching for a steering wheel, and i have some leads on some good ones, so hopefully that falls together. other than that, still waiting on a tuirbo manifold, but as soon as i get done with the interior i am moving to the bed for a one off custom sheetmetal inner bed...

stay tuned!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There you go, utilize the time with the garage to yourself :thumbup:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
floors look awesome! wiring should be pretty easy since you pretty much have everything from the RX7 in the truck. no need to modify it to work with anything... unless your going to be tucking the harness...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There you go, utilize the time with the garage to yourself :thumbup:
Ya man...

floors look awesome! wiring should be pretty easy since you pretty much have everything from the RX7 in the truck. no need to modify it to work with anything... unless your going to be tucking the harness...
I will be tucking everything!
But for the most part it will be easy, but I will be running standalone, so that might make it a bit harder..
Man, this is looking SWEET! Nice job
Thanks man. Its an adventure...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
TUCKING EVERYTHING... HELL YEAH! I'm anxious for you to finish, since my builds basically done this is all I've got to look forward to! You should paint it white.. to match my car =)