mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do u have a phone number?

how are their prices?
i was thinking of getting ahold of flying miata.
they have a shop here in my town, and i was gonna see what they can do for me..

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I actually just ordered a motor from these guys tonight. Off of their ebay account..

Here is the link to their website for the mazda motors. doesnt hurt to look..

I talked to the guy on the phone for half an hour and he seemed real nice, he hooked up, too..

http://naganousa.com/default/engines/mazda.html

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Some things are overpriced, some way underpriced...I think it all comes down to how much of each thing they have in stock...flyingmiata is also a company I have heard nothing but great things from...

As for Mazmart, it is just Mazmart.com IIRC...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks guys..

flying miata is going to be pricey. i know that for sure..

hurry up tax returns...lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually just ordered a motor from these guys tonight. Off of their ebay account..

Here is the link to their website for the mazda motors. doesnt hurt to look..

I talked to the guy on the phone for half an hour and he seemed real nice, he hooked up, too..

http://naganousa.com/default/engines/mazda.html
holy s**t...
they have compression test of the actual motor u r going to buy..

thats amazing.. and free shipping? sold...

what did u buy from them?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
holy s**t...
they have compression test of the actual motor u r going to buy..

thats amazing.. and free shipping? sold...

what did u buy from them?
Yep FREE shipping is such a great thing..

I got a jdm b18c with a type r trans..

Bought it tonight, getting shipped tomorrow, and supposedly will be here thursday.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, keep this on the dl til i order mine..lol

lemme know how urs turns out and what happens when u fire it up...

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah for sure bro.. Im nervous as f**king s**t because ive been having the worst luck with transmissions and s**t lately.. so we'll see..

Ill come back to this thread or pm you when i receive it and actually put it in.. maybe this weekend.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy off topic^^^

lol.

anywho, the stock engine and trans are gone tomorrow morning along with my escalade wheels. i really wasnt planning on selling them, but i got an offer i couldnt refuse. more money for the swap i guess.

i am looking to go 5 lug on the truck though, so i guess i start looking for me some 20's...

as soon as my taxes show up, i am going to order the swap and then get going from there.

so ya, hopefully my taxes hurry the f**k up and get in my account..

that is all for now..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, all the engines i am finding online have s**t for compression, so i am still searching hard.

that site u posted scrowley has videos of compression tests, but the engine has a top compression of 70. lol. i would be embarrassed to post that where people can see it. bad thing is, that someone will be dumb enough to buy it for the price they are asking..

its a good site, and they have some quality stuff, but of course, my luck, the one that i want is s**t...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, well stock engine, trans, ecu, harness exhaust and mounts are officially f**king sold. YAY! ! !

this s**t is getting real really fast, and im scared out of my mind lol...

also cut the old leftover parts of the mounts off my frame rails and started some body work on the taillight fillers. i promise pictures next weekend.

i have sourced two options for an engine. both are going to cost me quite a bit more than i had hoped, but i would rather do it right the first time.

one of my options is a full swap with a warranty and guaranteed compression over 100 psi in both rotor housings. complete longblock with ecu and uncut wiring harness.. this is the route i will prolly go...

but, i have an option of a fully ported and rebuilt 2 rotor 13b fc engine with street port capable of 600hp. bad thing is is that i dont really need a built engine per se', but it s rebuilt and would run great, and it is completely polished plus i can pick colors...

downside of this is i would have to buy a clutch, tranny, starter, dizzy and pretty much everything else including turbo and exhaust and turbo manis....

the price difference is about $300 so thats why i am leaning towards the stock jspec 13b TII FC3S longblock and working from there..

i have figured out a turbo mani design which is going to have to be custom built and it will bring the turbo in front of the engine by the oil cooler, which not only will be badass, but will have better cooling and, well, its just gonna be plain badass...

another problem i am going to run into is the exhaust. it is going to be very hard to run 3 inch plus exhaust under the cab, but ill figure it out when the time comes.

i have located mounts, so i dont have to fab them up, which saves me time and money i think in the long run.

i am going to try and make the stock ecu work which everyone keeps telling me is nt going to work, but i dont really see why it wouldnt for what im going for...

updates are kind of boring this week, but i have been on the computer doing a s**t ton of research trying to get the nitty gritty figured out.

hopefully the engine gets ordered this week, if my tax returns would ever get in my account...

that is all for now i think..

*edit* caddy wheels are sold.. now sitting on my old chevy z71 16's. poor little truck looks so sad...

the things we do for horsepower...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice progress, i cant wait to see a motor in this b***h

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that makes more than two of us...

hopefully i can get it up and running a whole lot quicker than everyone is telling me...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what do u want pictures of? the cutoff engine mounts and the missing tranny with my dirty ass garage floor from sanding and leaking transmission fluid all over underneath the truck? lol.

or perhapsthe possible engine i am buying? lol

and im kinda nervous about showing the truck off with its new shoes. theyre soooo small and look sooo gay, especially since i flared the bedsides to fit the more aggressive offset of the 18's..

but ya, i guess i could get u some pics of all that lol...