Turbo Swap Q's

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, my friend is swapping his K-03 turbo out of his 03 GTI 1.8T for a GT28RS kit from ATPturbo. He told me $500 and its all mine, for my 98 Civic EX. , turbo, lines, wastegate, and anything else he wouldn't need. I wanted to know if anybody has heard about this swap; ie: would it even work? I'm just looking to find some cheap ways of modding my car for now since I may be getting something newer soon. I know that i would need a different mainfold for this, if it were to work, but do you guys even think that it could? It sounded interesting :idea: , the thought of a cheap turbo for my car, but i am not sure of the technicalities of it.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your going to need, among other things, a compatable turbo manifold, turbo piping, intercooler, fuel management, etc. theres a lot more to a turbo kit than just the turbo itself.

Martin Racing Design

FKA Carbon Creations
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicjoe8 said:
I'm just looking to find some cheap ways of modding my car for now since I may be getting something newer soon.
Make up your mind. If you keep the civic, then mod it. If you're not going to keep it, don't hurt your resale by modding it.

And, turboing a car is not cheap.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
500 for a used turbo...sorry man thats a huge asss rip off. if you are gonna sell the car, dont do it.