Type-R Front Lip in Urethane???

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sold on the USDM Type-R front lip but I can't find it in urethane. Is that b/c they don't exist and are only made in plastic?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Might want to tell us the year of your car. '96-'98 is different than '99-'00 and they have completely different lips.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
check jdmshit.. i bought my urethane mugen lip from them. fits like oem and i got it in 3days!

i'm pretty sure i saw the type r lip there as well..

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Might want to tell us the year of your car. '96-'98 is different than '99-'00 and they have completely different lips.
I have a '96-'98. Any help would be appreciated.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hkt03 said:
check jdmshit.. i bought my urethane mugen lip from them. fits like oem and i got it in 3days!

i'm pretty sure i saw the type r lip there as well..
Yea, I checked jdmshit but couldn't find the lip I'm looking for.

ryanM

civicjoe8 said:
I'm sold on the USDM Type-R front lip but I can't find it in urethane. Is that b/c they don't exist and are only made in plastic?
theres no such thing as a usdm type R , and if you want a type R style lip, please get the one thats for your year car, the 99-00 style ones (like on the Si) look like s**t on 96-98 front bumpers,

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
theres no such thing as a usdm type R , and if you want a type R style lip, please get the one thats for your year car, the 99-00 style ones (like on the Si) look like on 96-98 front bumpers,
I could be mistaken but check out this site:

http://www.streetstyler.com/9698CivicTypeRLips2DR.htm

The first lip for $80 is what I believe to be the USDM Type R front and the second lip for $99 is titled "Type R JDM front lip." The JDM is larger in height and I've seen several application pics.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it were me and I had a 96-98 I would get the second one for $99. Looks 18,000 times better on those bumpers than the first one.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civicjoe8 said:

The first lip for $80 is what I believe to be the USDM Type R front and the second lip for $99 is titled "Type R JDM front lip." The JDM is larger in height and I've seen several application pics.
The first one is a JDM "styled" front lip. It's pretty much an '99-'00 Si lip styled to fit your car. It sticks out too far imo, particuarly on a '96-'98. The second one is a JDM TypeR "style" front lip. It's a replica of the Civic TypeR front lip for the '96-'98 Civic.

Oh, and search about StreetStyler on here before you buy anything from them. They have a bad reputation and I hear horrible customer service.

ryanM

civicjoe8 said:

the first one is the 99-00 style one, the second one will look infinitely better than the first one.

and just to clarify

first one=99-00 type R style lip (not supposed to be for 96-98 but stupid companies make ones that fit)
second one=96-98 type R style lip (made for you bumper, looks really good.)

ryanM

NOFX said:
The first one is a JDM "styled" front lip. It's pretty much an '99-'00 Si lip styled to fit your car. It sticks out too far imo, particuarly on a '96-'98. The second one is a JDM TypeR "style" front lip. It's a replica of the Civic TypeR front lip for the '96-'98 Civic.

Oh, and search about StreetStyler on here before you buy anything from them. They have a bad reputation and I hear horrible customer service.
customer service does suck, but i always get my s**t from them, sometimes it takes a while. but they never reply to my emails. :???:

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, the first one is styled after the 99-00 CTR/Si lip (same lip), but the replicas, even for the 99-00's, are not exactly like the real thing. They stick out further.

ryanM

Eran said:
Also, the first one is styled after the 99-00 CTR/Si lip (same lip), but the replicas, even for the 99-00's, are not exactly like the real thing. They stick out further.
:werd:

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for all the replies. Doing research on lips can get a little confusing.