type r lip

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
40 views! Not one reply. I'll help. Honda offered an oem civic front spoiler for the '99-'00 model years. They came stock on the Civic Si. I'm pretty sure they came stock on any '99-'00 CTR. This popular oem "Lip" is also commonly known as the type R lip. Here is a picture of my front lip below. It is OEM.

The 6th gen Civic type R was in production from 1997-2000. That means that more than 1 front spoiler came out for the 6th gen ctr. That means calling my lip a type R lip would be incorrect. The picture below illustrates my point.

I'm sure you're wondering if it's possible to put a lip like mine onto a '96-'98 body style front end. I will not work. I'm sure it has been rigged by at least a few people, but It is not made to be interchangeable for a '96-'98 body style front end. I would look into an SiR lip for your ride. They are very nice. A mugen replica lip wouldn't look bad either. You have plenty of options. You can even do a '99-'00 front end conversion if you desire. People do all kinds of conversions. I have even seen a jdm Ingegra front end conversion on a 6th gen hatch. I hope my post helps. Jfyi, I would do some more homework.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In a nutshell...96-98 fronts are the same..99-00 fronts are the same. Can't use one part from one year and expect it to fit on the other without doing a front end conversion

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
In a nutshell...96-98 fronts are the same..99-00 fronts are the same. Can't use one part from one year and expect it to fit on the other without doing a front end conversion
This.

And IMO, type r "style" front lips are incredibly ugly. The flares at the end are WAY overdone. Get a Mugen style or OEM Si/CTR (they are the same lip).

jccc94

switchdk"
I like the ctr lip..not the si lip. I think the flares are a bit too much and I don't like the holes in the mugen lip =[

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Again.. Depends on the years. 96-98 and 99-00 are still still considered 6th gen. So if the lip is from 96-98 then yes it'll fit on your 97. Front ends are the same. Coupe and sedan rears can use the same lip. Hatches are different.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, if you get a 96-98 front lip it wont matter if its from a hatch, coupe or sedan...they all fit the same up there. So your 97 will be fine with a front lip made for a 96-98 Civic.

Spyro

5+ Year Member
Well I have the CTR lip on my 99 sedan and there is a slight difference in the Si and Type R lips... the Si is slightly smaller and skinnier while the Type R is just bigger.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats not a real type r lip. Thats a type r style lip.