Undecided, Help me choose

nick421

heres the story got a 98 roma red dx hatch, love the car, red is my favorite color although i kinda dont like it on cars but this car was clean so i bough it, want to keep the original color roma red and for now keeping the 98 front end but my problem is i want to get an ebay rear lip and keep it black and i want a front lip also that looks good and i can keep it black also. here is a picture of my front end:

Im not sure how the type r lip would look unpainted or mugen style with the clear foglights. i like the CTR lip but it looks best painted color of car. I dont want to get the CTR lip paint it red and get rear lip and keep it black. im not sure if i would like the look of the red paint rear lip. i want to get rear lip and front lip keep it black keep the sideskirts black and sidemolding black and paint match the door handles and mirrors. what do you guys think? i also have crack in the bumper i want to cover up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMO: SiR bumpers (including front lip) then paint match front lip, rear lip, sideskirts, door handles, and mirrors. Done.

If you really want to get a knock-off rear lip and leave it black, get the mugen style front and at least paint all the lips/sideskirts black. Don't just leave them flat ABS/stock. SiR front lip may not look bad either.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'll just make your car look cheap if you dont paint the rear lip and even the front lip if you get a type r style lip..idk about you but i dont want to be driving around in a car that looks like a toyota echo

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
You know crack is illegal. No matter where it is ;)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

nick421

i like the mugen, type r, CTR, SiR but since the sidemoldings, sideskirts are black i figured get front and rear lip and keep it black like this:

except probably paint the door handles, mirrors, and the rear trunk plate holder.
i just dont know what lip would look good painted or unpainted with my foglights.

i like this look also:

it has type r painted lip and sideskirt i would probably get rear lip and paint it but im not sure

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guarantee you all one color will look better than black..but thats just me..the last pic you posted is just a replica of a replica..if anything get the "type r" style one..usdm..the last one you posted is like the type r style for the 99-00 years but made to fit the 96-98 years

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last pic is terrible. That only belongs on a 99-00 IMO.

I dig the one above it but I would paint everything to match ESPECIALLY the lips and sides.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the unpainted black lip/door guard things. breaks up the otherwise dull looking side of a civic.

like that red car ^^ with the black moldings and black mirrors/handles

and while you're at it check out my newly updated DIY for your grill ;)
DIY CTR Style Grill

nobody is ever going to mistake a civic for another car.
I dig the one above it but I would paint everything to match ESPECIALLY the lips and sides.
you could do that if u wanted to be 36% gay

nick421

guarantee you all one color will look better than black..but thats just me..the last pic you posted is just a replica of a replica..if anything get the "type r" style one..usdm..the last one you posted is like the type r style for the 99-00 years but made to fit the 96-98 years
this 1?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ add fogs to that and you're in business :thumbup: