Status
Not open for further replies.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you tried to look for any nearby loose plugs or wires? Have you tried to check for Check-Engine codes that may relate to the vtec missing? Did you confirm if the ECU corresponds with that head? Look up wiring diagrams and try to trace where the wires should be.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then check the CEL instead of continuing to guess. You cant expect to just stare at an engine swap and figure it out. You bought it so now you gotta learn it.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Buy a code scanner or go to a local autoparts store that offers free scanning.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not, its not. You're assuming incorrectly.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dalton, you seriously need to put forth an honest effort to figure out your issues, especially if you plan to keep this car because engine-swapped cars may require far more effort than an original set-up.

Research how to check for engine codes on an OBD1. You can buy an OBD1 code scanner online as well. If you find this amount of effort difficult, then its in your best interest to seek a reputable mechanic.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats not the only way to retrieve a code. Either way, you wont try because it might be too fast to read? If that's all the effort you have, then take it to a mechanic.

daltonshirley68

Okay if you look in my pictures you can see the thing the wire supposed to clip into but I don't think there is any wires to it so I do I hook it up

There is no wires running up to the vtech I don't even see a place for wires to run up to it beside the little grey clip that u see in my pictures

Mine Has The Thing That Is Highlighted In Green BUT I Don't See Anything Hooked Up To It And Don't See The Thing IN The Yellow

Just talked to the guy I bought the engine off of and he said the vtech is not hooked up and he don't know what the head is.so he probably don't have the right ecu in it.how do I hook the vtech up

I just talked to the guy I bought it from & found ouy he didn't wire the vtech up. So I was wondering, for someone who don't know what he is doing or can't understand all the way, how do I hook it up?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Merged comments (#41 & 42) from another related thread as it has to do with the same topic. Dalton, please keep related issues on this thread.

daltonshirley68

I was wondering is there a way to get a little more power on my stock engine . again I have a jdm d15b vtech engine.dont want to do nos or turbo because idk what I am doing and it's my daily driver I just want to make it a little faster to keep up with some people

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It depends. If you have money out your butt and know how to build an engine, sure. Build up the internals, tune and go.

Either way, you're not going to create power with just intake, header, exhaust. Instead of gaining a little power, how about gaining back any lost power from lack of maintenance?

Do a tune up if you haven't, you may get more response from your engine but more power, not really.

Cheap, reliable, fast. Pick two, sacrifice the other.

Also, when making a thread as general as this, a brief description of your car helps us a lot. All I can assume by your post is that you have a civic.

Status
Not open for further replies.