Update on my JDM EJ8

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey watsup just letting you in on a lil update on my EJ8 just added an SI lip and Painted sideskirts N' short ram intake. check it tell me watsup! -later
sorry for the low quality of pictures were moving only had this camera at the time .

-Anthony-

What you think i should get next done my my civic?

Brian Spilner

Banned
hondatunerz2002 said:
hey watsup just letting you in on a lil update on my EJ8 just added an SI lip and Painted sideskirts N' short ram intake. check it tell me watsup! -later
sorry for the low quality of pictures were moving only had this camera at the time .

-Anthony-

What you think i should get next done my my civic?
jdm engine ;)

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rims + drop = money

*edit* i was expecting a real jdm peice. you aint really supposed to say YOUR car is jdm, others are. unless its really shipped from japan

duFf_M@N

...""peep show""...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
next to be done

get some sort of grill mesh. Si grill FTW.
Remove ur tachometer from were it currently sits. Your asking for the POLICE to pull you over for being a 'racer".
Some rims, looks like your on steelies, but i could be wrong.
Boost that mess :thumbs up

meanstreakcivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just curious whats JDM about your car??

From the pics i dont see one JDM item.

But besides that..the lip looks good!

Good luck on the rest of the build.

ryanM

meanstreakcivic said:
Just curious whats JDM about your car??

From the pics i dont see one JDM item.

But besides that..the lip looks good!

Good luck on the rest of the build.
my thoughts exactly

BUT, it does look nice and clean, its a good start :thumbs up

just one more question, why the need for 2 tachs?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
duFf_M@N said:
next to be done

get some sort of grill mesh. Si grill FTW.
Remove ur tachometer from were it currently sits. Your asking for the POLICE to pull you over for being a 'racer".
Some rims, looks like your on steelies, but i could be wrong.
yep my words exactly...

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that lip and painted side skirts looks sweet how much for the paint on those? as for the to do list...If it hasn't been dropped thats a must, remove that red honda badge and replace it with a stock one, or an SI grille, remove that tach, its just to over sized and you already have a funtional one in your dash, take off that apexi license plate frame you dont want a thief to know what your rockin man, and throw some black housing headlights they look meaner... heres mine on a white civic like yours...

jdmcivicsilver

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some ctr headlights or sir one's , fogs, motor and ctr steering wheel. if you really what a jdm piece do a dash conversion

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
cool, like all of your ideas . im thinking about getting a CTR cluster i been doing research on those but they expensive nearly 500$ anybody now where you can get them cheaper? as for the paint on sideskirts all me and my buddy did was go down to Kragen auto-parts and picked up 1-can of primer and 1-can of white paint (or watever color YOUR car is) and just took em off and painted them after sanding em down of course and prepin them . but it easy is a DIY project its not worth going to macco or any-other body shop. to get it done. Do it yourself =) as for the housing headlights i seen them on alot of cars but i actaully dont really have an idea on house to do it any body help? like what paint you need , materials , etc? thanks- well keep em comments coming guys i appreciate it ---later

-Anthony-

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hondatunerz2002 said:
as for the housing headlights i seen them on alot of cars but i actaully dont really have an idea on house to do it any body help? like what paint you need , materials , etc? thanks- well keep em comments coming guys i appreciate it ---later

-Anthony-
Just buy black housing headlights. dont DIY, you might f**k up your headlights, if you buy black ones, you can sell your stock ones

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DIY headlights for the win. Actual ctr's are way too much money, a waste IMO unless you are a stickler about getting true JDM parts, which is cool. I did mine DIY and they look a lot better than stock, and have had no problems. If you do it carefully it's actually very safe and easy. There are DIY's on this site im pretty sure and on tons of other sites you just gotta search. But in a nutshell:

Take out headlights, remove all hoses and junk, and bulbs
Put them in the oven one at a time on low low heat, watch carefully, then seperate the outside from the housing when the caulking is stretchy enough.
Paint the housing gunmetal
Let it dry
Put it back in the oven, so the caulking is stick again, put the headlights back together and use more caulking to seal it up well so it doesn't leak
And that's it, just gotta be carefull ;)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
just one more question, why the need for 2 tachs?
That was my 1st thought....Why would anyone need 2 tachs? Im pretty sure the stock tach is pretty accurate, no? :what:

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually its not...haha, i have a autometer tach and a vafc. all of them read differently :what: