**updates on b18c1 crx** turbo time

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well my headgasket had been leaking oil since I rebuilt the engine and put it in the car. So last night I ordered a turbo for my car and i bought all the pieces to put the a nice little kit together. I also decided it was time to change out the headgasket to prepare for putting the turbo on the car. Well I got done and bleed the coolant and took the car for a drive it felt alot more responsive through the whole power band. I was thinking it was in all in my head so I took a few people for a drive in the car and then let them drive it (they drove it before with leaking headgasket). Everyone swears the car is way faster but I'm not sure yet... I was going to hold off on putting this turbo on the car to see if the 1/4 mile time improved but a month is along time to wait. :P So 2 weeks the turbo will be installed and we will just say best all motor time was 13.5 on street tires and go from there i guess. I'll take some pictures of all the stuff when it comes in the mail. I hope to see everyone out this year at the track. I'm hoping for 11s after i tune the car and get a feel for it. The slicks are getting lonely sitting in the corner and need to get some use. Thanks for reading and I'll keep you updated.

iwakunicivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet business dude...post the pics when done

Ace$nyper

very nice. What kind of setup are you planning on running? Nice to hear cars running healtier. Try taking her to the track now with the slicks i'm sure you'll be pleantly surprized

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Garrett T3/T04E Turbocharger
.50 A/R
.57 TRIM
.63 EXHAUST
.57 STAGE iii WHEEL
GARRETT HYBRID
GARRETT INTERNALS
2.5 intercooler piping (we custom make for all hondas)
Johnny Race car Intercooler
Core size: 25 wide X 7.75 tall X 2.75 deep
Overall: 30 from outside of end tank to outside of end tank X 8.5 tall X 3.125 at the thickest
Standard Piping: 2.5 OD X .065 wall X 2 long
Turbo XS Bov

Im hoping that when I get to the track I have to buy a new set of taller slicks. But I'm going to run the 22s for a little bit till I can afford new ones. And I'll post pictures up this week when everything comes in the mail.

loud3nergy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you buy a rebulid kit? Or individual pieces? Where from and how about an ETA on the total rebulid cost? :-D

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i rebuilt the b18c1 with new pistons rods and everything gaskets, for like 3000 got the engine for 500 bucks. The turbo setup cost me roughly 1200 bucks. 1500 dollars in the head for port job, super tech valves, springs and retainers and ctr cams. THe car cost me 400 dollars. The tranny cost me 2000 for all new gears and syncros plus quaife lsd install by my buddy. So that is what i have in car now.

Its a bit of money but not crazy.

so like 7000 in car with 8000 miles on engine so far and runs 13.5 on street tires and gets 35 mpg (if i dont hit vtec). 8200 in the car with the turbo we are looking at low 12s high 11s probably. We will see about those numbers because i hate speculation. I dont know how much power im making but the car feels good and strong. oh yeah it took me 2 years to save up money for the engine and rebuilding it. So ive only had it together with this motor for like 6 months. Im guessing.

Josh

Last edited:

siref9

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice pricing on the car. i think he was asking if the turbo that you bought was a rebuilt turbo or a new one.

loud3nergy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTUALLY reffering to the engine. Im about to buy a Junkyard b18b or b18c which ever I can find and rebulid it. You must have rebulit it strictly on performance for $3000!!! :shock: kits Ive seen for the b18b are like 300-450ish (nothing performance) but ill prolly add a few performance items. One last question... WHERE IN THE CRAP DID YOU FIND A b18C for $500?!?!?!?!?! and find me one (near KY)

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I bought a gsr from a crack dealer for 2500 dollars. Car was super clean...he just didnt want it no more...i think the cops new the car. So I gave him 2500 for the car pulled the engine and sold the car fro 2000. That means the engine cost me 500 bucks. The car was perfect you should have seen it...

Josh