Used ITR valve springs?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Are used ITR valve springs worth buying? I have wanted to get aftermarket cams, probably CTR or something else mild, and a guy on CL is selling some for $100. Is this a good deal, or should I just go for new aftermarket valve springs? I'm not looking to get cams in the near future, but I thought these would be good to get now if its a good deal.

Edit: actually its valves/retainers/springs for $100, not just springs.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd get new ones never know what the previous owner did with his motor. Plus if it's from a type r motor gotta think, if you drove a type r would you be cruising around town driving speed limit. Following all posted speed limits? I think not.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
yep thats what I was thinkin. I just wasnt sure the durability of the springs. Thanks.

Bump for any more advice.

emerican

Registered VIP
If it where me id spend the extra moeny to jjust get new ones. Like said above never know how they where treated.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep thats what I was thinkin. I just wasnt sure the durability of the springs. Thanks.

Bump for any more advice.
heres the thing (like everyone above said)

its woth the extra $ to get new ones, because even if that person drove like the pope, over reving it one time could have made them over compress, and BAM they are shot.

and if you do decide to get them , have them spec'd by a qualified machine shop before you use them.