users of uberdata

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys, i have some questions about tuning and hopefully you could help me out
soon down the road im gonna turbocharge my 92 civic w/ a b16a2. i was planning on using hondata s300 with my laptop to tune but then i found out about uberdata and how affordable it is. i wanted to know from you guys that use uberdata how easy is it to use and how hard would it be to tune a newly turbocharged b16
thanks

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you know how to tune with hondata then its not hard at all to learn how to tune with uberdata

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its a good program to start on, it is very simple and easy to navigate. Check out the uberdata website.. you can search it on google to find it. It has alot of walkthroughs and stuff to help you out.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not an uberdata fan. its a very buggy program, even in the stable 1.7 version. blake has all but given up on workin on it, so he opened the source code to the admins of pgmfi.org. they are working on a new code, but that will take time. crome is a far superior program, and well worth the 150 bucks for cromepro. it does have a steeper learning curve though, and you have to install all the plugins manually to get the most out of the program.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does cromepro require the same chipping method as uberdata?
and is hondata s300 actually worth the $500?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup, the chipping methods are the same. and no i dont believe hondata s300 should be worth $500

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright...i think im just gonna get the honda chip kit from moates.net
so is cromepro a superior program or will uberdata be ok for tuning a turbo application?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
alright...i think im just gonna get the honda chip kit from moates.net
so is cromepro a superior program or will uberdata be ok for tuning a turbo application?

uberdata is an ok program, but ive had problems with the options boxes not staying checked, and even if i do change them, they dont work properly (i had vtec unchecked to use a p28 on an ls motor), but it still threw a vtec solenoid cel. crome has more features, a much better interface, and better support. you can make a ud basemap, but if you actually want to tune, crome is the way to go.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k cool...also i have a p30 ecu, is this going to cause me problems or should all be good because its in the same generation as the p28

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just downloaded crome from tunewithcrome.com...is this the program you were talking about or is cromepro a different program. if so, where do i get cromepro

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
k cool...also i have a p30 ecu, is this going to cause me problems or should all be good because its in the same generation as the p28

as long as its obd1, it doesnt really matter.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so other than the chip kit from moates, what else do i need to get in order to start running crome

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
ok so other than the chip kit from moates, what else do i need to get in order to start running crome
you can use a chip burner, but i much prefer my ostrich. its worth the 100 bucks extra. and you'll need a laptop. to really tune, you need a wideband o2 sensor, and dyno time.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what is the difference between a chip burner and ostrich

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so in order to use uberdata or crome what all do i need? can someone mke me a list of parts. thanks

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
heres the beginning of the list

1.) socketed obd1 ecu
2.) conversion harness (maybe)

end of list

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. obd1 ecu (chipped)
2. conversion harness (maybe)
3. chip burner
4. wideband 02 sensor (recommended)
5. laptop (recommended)
6. datalogging cable (recommended)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think you're beginning to miss the point of diy-efi. mostly the do it yourself part. search button rules.

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what wideband and chip burner do you recommend? doesnt bosch have a pretty good wideband o2 sensor?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jakksquat said:
what wideband and chip burner do you recommend? doesnt bosch have a pretty good wideband o2 sensor?
buy my lc-1 innovate motorsports kit for $160 shipped and itll included everything along with datalogging. PM me.