verticle level missing in headlight, are they in 6th gens?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i went to aim my headlights yesterday, and you know how theres the little gear to spin to adjust the horizontal position and theres a certain point you're supposed to line it up with so its at the stock position? Well i dont see how this can be accurate, because would if you rotate the gear 5 times and then line up the spot, it would be off then right? Is it setup to not let this happen or is there no real way to return to the stock, aligned position? Also i went to look for the verical level and its missing, theres none there. So, is there a way i can park the car facing a wall at night and align it? My friend told me park the car 30 feet away from a wall and adjust the vertical position until the bright spot on the beam (these are halogens) is 2 feet off the ground. So basically at 30 feet away from a wall the lights should shine 2 feet off the ground. Is this an accurate way to do it? Suggestions?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump. need help.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont understand what the problem is? the level should be there and it should work

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well im not sure what is the proper position or the verical adjustment. How high off the ground should it be and wat what distance?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did but how do i know where to put the tape? im not trying to align both headlights to be the same (they are atm), i want to know if i have them at the correct height off the ground.