Vibration but not in steering wheel

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Recently noticed at highway speeds mostly in the 55-65 mph range I can feel a slight vibration but the steering wheel doesn't shake like when tires need balancing.

I do however notice the shift knob shakes and if I increase speed both vibration and shift knob shake decrease.

Also noticed the car pulls ever so slightly to the right but I just had an alignment done a couple months ago when I replaced driver's side inner and outer tie rods.

I know I have a bad cv joint when taking right turns I can hear it (but it's not that loud) would this cause vibration an straight cruising speeds?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The shaking could be caused by the CV joint depending on how its damaged. Have you inspected att the suspension parts you had installed to ensure none are loose? Have you inspected the front tires for sidewall or tread bubbles?

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The shaking could be caused by the CV joint depending on how its damaged. Have you inspected att the suspension parts you had installed to ensure none are loose? Have you inspected the front tires for sidewall or tread bubbles?
I haven't had a chance to get in there and look. I recently had my tires rotated but it's the same outcome I was hoping it would change or go away