vibration under brake pedal

Hondawise

I have a 1998 Civic LX. Recently I noticed that everytime when I applied the brakes (when the speedometer is at 60 km/h or more), I can feel some vibration under the brake pedal. What is causing it and how to fix the problem? Is it a safety issue? Thanks for all your help.

meek61480

98 civic hb b16a
the vibration under braking conditions is going to be warped rotors/drums. 90% of the time its the front rotors. it CAN become a saftey issue if left unrepaired or gets worse. new rotors should fix the problem for ya!!!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the vibration under braking conditions is going to be warped rotors/drums. 90% of the time its the front rotors. it CAN become a saftey issue if left unrepaired or gets worse. new rotors should fix the problem for ya!!!
Well said sir.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Omg yes this is tru I just change my rotors two day ago due to this same problem..CHANGE THEM NOW...its like cancer...before you have to replace your whole brake system..

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Agree with everyone else^..Id replace the rotors and pads if i were you.
Yep, some people just change one or the other which doesn't solve the problem lol so replace both!

dillon_1213

I you need new rotors don't think that lathing them down will help because auto zone workers do not machine for a living. They sell parts, go spend the money for a good product that you trust. Not the crappy in house brand that heat up fast if you drive heavy on the brakes.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think people need to start paying attention to thread dates.... The OP hasn't logged on since 12/18. ;)