Video Game Music <Geek Content>

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am, admittedly, a massive video game geek. I have a pension for older nostalgic type games ... no so much the new stuff (not saying I don't play it). So a while back, I made a good CD mix of some of my favorite video game tracks -- remixes mostly. I figured I'd share this CD with you all and allow you to download it for your own listening pleasure. Here's the track listing and the link:

1. Another 2 (PSI Mix) - Keiichi Suzuki [Mother 2 / Earthbound]
2. Moon Over Castle (A-Spec Mix) - Pentagon [Gran Turismo 3]
3. Grass Stains (Tackle Mix) - Cave Story Remix Project [Cave Story]
4. The Angels' Fear - Hiroki Kikuta [Seiken Densetsu 2 / Secret of Mana]
5. Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 (Nonstop Dancing Edition) - Koji Kondo [Super Mario Bros 1 + 2]
6. Go! Go! Sega Rally! - Sega OST [Sega Rally]
7. Battle with Magus - Squaresoft OST [Chrono Trigger]
8. Dracula's Castle - Konami OST [Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night]
9. H20 (OverCoat Mix) - Cave Story Remix Project [Cave Story]
10. Simple and Clean (PLANITb Short Mix) - Utada Hikaru [Kingdom Hearts]
11. Megaman Trance Mix - Unknown [Megaman 3]
12. Crateria Overworld - Nintendo OST [Super Metroid]
13. Opening - Bang Heads [Battle Arena Toshinden 2]
14. Hyrule Field (Princess Z Trigger Mix) - Koji Kondo [Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time]
15. Still Alive - Johnathan Coultran [Portal]
16. Passion (Opening Mix) - Utada Hikaru [Kingdom Hearts 2]
17. Forrest Temple (X-Dream Trance Mix) - Koji Kondo [Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time]
18. Main Theme - Konami OST [Metal Gear Solid]
19. The Rocking Grounds - The Black Mages [Final Fantasy III]

All of these songs are distributed freely, so there's no copywrite infringement or illegal downloading here.

Click To Download

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
d/l'ed, i'm pretty open to any kind of music...

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Other than the arcade crap ... is Initial D a video game series?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no its a animated show i beleive

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know that. I was just asking if there was some gaming thing I didn't know about.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Other than the arcade crap ... is Initial D a video game series?
Initial D was a manga that was serialized in a weekly Kodansha (sp?) Young Magazine (in 1995), then it was later an Anime based on the manga. Then the video games were made after.

The writer/artist, Shuichi Shigeno, ironically drives the panda-coloured, 1980s Sprinter Trueno GTS (AE86), and lives close to Mount Haruna (which is renamed Mount Akina in the manga/anime). He later owned the WRX Type STi Ver. V, which was also added to the anime. Wrote the story about a senior high school student, who worked for his dad's company delivering tofu on a mountain pass every morning since middle school, and smoked a 3rd-gen RX-7 (which was driven by one of the fastest drivers around) on one of his return deliveries unprepared for a race, and the story starts to roll there.

It's a very interesting anime (and I do watch it), but I hate seeing fan boys of this show and the particular "eight-six" and getting cars and modifying them/driving like idiots trying to imitate this show. The live action movie also ruined it.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why are you guys telling me about Initial D like I've never heard of the manga or the show? :|

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why are you guys telling me about Initial D like I've never heard of the manga or the show? :|
Because most people assume initial d is a game. And I wanted to say what it really was and what started the whole series. Most manga/anime don't last long when aired, and initial d has been going on for a long time.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Because most people assume initial d is a game. And I wanted to say what it really was and what started the whole series. Most manga/anime don't last long when aired, and initial d has been going on for a long time.
that's not necessarily true. there are a lot of really long series. dragonball, detective conan, sennin buraku, doraemon, kochikame, and more recently, bleach, naruto, d.gray-man, gintama, kateikyoushi hitman reborn... ye gods, the list goes on and on and on.

anyway, i have yet to download, but i'm sure i'd like it. i love video game music... though most of what i've DLed is from final fantasy... namely, three albums from the black mages, the FFVII:AC soundtrack, FFVII piano collections, and i have a couple others on physical disc, like the FFVI soundtrack.

i really want the piano collections myself. all the remixes and that are neat, but... i love the piano. :D