Virginia tech SHOOTING

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe that the criminals are always going to get their guns no matter what .... and that having more gun control isnt the answer to our current problem.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
i believe that the criminals are always going to get their guns no matter what .... and that having more gun control isnt the answer to our current problem.
do you believe in ANY gun control? is really what i was asking..

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gun control advocates are quick to point out how well their measures have worked in The UK and Australia.

Problem: UK and Australia do not share a border with any other country. Smuggling in illegal firearms is a little more difficult there than in a nation that shares 2 borders.

I do believe that more responsible firearm laws are necessary. More education before one may purchase a firearm. If your unsecured firearm is stolen you should be held criminally responsible for the consequences of losing your firearm. Anybody that's been in the military understands the consequences of an unsecured firearm.

The problem with my suggestion is that the control nuts will see that opportunity and run with it making more and more strict firearm legislation.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
do you believe in ANY gun control? is really what i was asking..
i dont think anyone would argue that gun control needs to be abolished completly. but the fact of the matter is stiffer regulations WILL NOT HELP. Bottom line is the criminals will get guns. Why do you think people in san francisco were so pissed off when they tried to outlaw handgun ownership in city limits ... because then only the criminals have guns and the law abiding citizens dont.

7232's Girl

5+ Year Member
iOn said:
i'm not saying they owe me/us anything. regardless of what the letter says i'm just saying some of us want to know more details... just to know.
What is knowing what it said going to do? Not a damn thing. The point is the kid was f**ked up more then we can understand and he took innocent lives. End of story.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
uh... i never said it was going to do anything... i just said i want to know...

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Melt said:
i dont think anyone would argue that gun control needs to be abolished completly. but the fact of the matter is stiffer regulations WILL NOT HELP. Bottom line is the criminals will get guns. Why do you think people in san francisco were so pissed off when they tried to outlaw handgun ownership in city limits ... because then only the criminals have guns and the law abiding citizens dont.
I have some;
-how about something simple like if you're on anti-depression meds, you shouldn't be allowed to buy a gun
-some way to also check to see if you've visited a psych-ward in the last year you can't buy a gun

this guy was nuts, and the more that comes out in the media, the more proof is shown that he was truly messed up, he should never have had the chance to just show up to a gun shop and get a gun.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolibears said:
I have some;
-how about something simple like if you're on anti-depression meds, you shouldn't be allowed to buy a gun
-some way to also check to see if you've visited a psych-ward in the last year you can't buy a gun

this guy was nuts, and the more that comes out in the media, the more proof is shown that he was truly messed up, he should never have had the chance to just show up to a gun shop and get a gun.
there you go.. you hit it on the head..

like i said.. i HATE gun control.. i HATE that we live in a time and society where it it needed.. but it is.. i mean lets face it as you said a criminal will always get a gun.. BUT with that said there is no need to hand them out to people who have act as a stalker and been deemed mentally unstable.. im all for the right to own guns, and to take it a step further im ALL for people being able to own ANY gun.. i think that its absurd that some guns are banned.. as pointed out.. criminals WILL break the law.. but MAYBE good waiting periods.. good back ground checks.. will stop spur of the moment violence..

the bottom line is NO ONE this f**ked up with this many red flags should have been able to just walk into a store and walk out with a gun and 50 rounds same day..

chartinael

5+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I think it'd be national news if stuff like this ever did happen, no matter the magnitude...
Well, no ... it was on the news over here ... so news like this go international. We had some sort of drama like that in Erfurt in 2002. Boy was suspended from school, I believe or a drop out or whatever and came to school to shoot 13 teachers, a police man and 2 pupils (those 2 through a door) .... I think that was about it over here in Germany.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ted nugent

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
Ted nugent

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.
that has nothing to do with ANYTHING that i brought up... my comment had NOTHING to do with LEGALLY carrying a gun.. nothing at all.. my comment was geared towards the process of PURCHASING a gun.. if you read what i wrote.. ive already stated anyone who can legally own a gun should be able to buy any gun they want.. as i believe the right to bare amrs has nothing to do with hunting.. i believe the concept IS to allow the people of a country to protect themselves.. EVEN against an out of control government.. but again my point was NOT about carrying.. i was just curious as to why it has to be so easy.. for someone who is obviously and publicly noted as being unstable.. to walk into a store and moments later emerge with a gun and 50 rounds of amo.. i mean lets be real.. some type of reasonable waitng time and more cokmplete background check would really not be a bad thing.. and in regards to gun free zones.. 1) i believe that a provately owned business should be allowed to dictate something like that.. maybe they dont like guns.. so they dont want thme in a business.. big deal.. it should be the right of the business owner JUST like it should be your right to buy there or not... 2) i also see no issue with a gun free atmosphere in areas where people are FORCED to be together.. like a court house.. or a school... not everyone has extensive proper safety training.. so it is unfair imo to put people in an enviorment where they dont feel comfortable. i think you should be able to carry a gun on you.. or in your car... or in your house.. or in YOUR business.. but i also dont think its fair to FORCE that view on others..

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MR99si said:
Actually after they banned firearms the violent crime rate went up.

http://www.gunbancon.com/

:rolf: Yeah, but it wasn't gun crime! Some bloke got 'imself killed by another bloke wif a cricket bat studded wif six-penny nails. But at least it wasn't a gun. :lol:

I'm certain that the gun control nuts are only looking at the "gun crime" figures.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel that gun laws need to be lifted honestly think about how many people would have been saved if you could carry a gun? I agree with the background check HOWEVER if you are diagnosed with a mental illness RED FLAG. The document you fill out can be lied on, HOWEVER they actually have to call the FBI to get a criminal background check.

Gun ownership is about being responseable, I have guns I shoot them at the range alot. I would personally feel more at ease if I could legally conseal carry at my job or when I am out. Because you never know when someone who has snapped will start shooting people up. Or someone commits a brutal crime, police cannot respond on the drop of a dime, so it should be up to you to take care of yourself. And I am talking about a conseal carry not meaning you can see my springfeild 45 ACP. But something on the line of a JA 380 or the like. Because I don't want people to know I am carring because some people feel uneasy around guns. It is just shaped metal, it is the person behind the trigger that makes it one way or another.

I also feel that if there is a place where you CANNOT carry their should be a officer or a armed security guard their.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:werd::word:

A firearm is a tool. By itself it cannot do anything. It is an inanimate object.

I believe that potential firearm owners should be checked thoroughly, educated, and held responsible for their firearms.

Responsible firearm owners should not be disarmed because these tools make some people uncomfortable

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, I got asked to leave walmart because I was walking around with my vest holder on lol.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea. I didnt fight with them. Legally I was alowed too. But if it was bothering someone i dont want to cause trouble

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dank24 said:
yea. I didnt fight with them. Legally I was alowed too. But if it was bothering someone i dont want to cause trouble
See thats just funny to me. I guess because I will not be shooting people (unless there is a armed threat.).