Not open for further replies.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*** Congratulations to LowNotSlow - Still Life Photo Contest winner !! ***

Let the voting begin...please be objective, dont just vote because you like a certain member on here the best...if you have the time, PLEASE leave feedback on why you did/didnt vote for a specific entry, it will only make us all better...

a couple submissions were left out (didnt match contest entry rules)

1) LowNotSlow:

2) 89SiGUYrex:

3) Rand0m:

4) Genuine Rolla:

5) XcLuSiVeLy4GoD:

6) Jspec Ej6:

- POLL will remain open for 7 DAYS..after that, a thread for a new contest will be opened -

Last edited:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hate to say it, but I really don't like any of them.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Voted for GenuineRolla, but I was not sure whether or not it was his reflection from taking the picture that was in between the labels...thought it would of looked better if the reflection was gone or whatever the red coloring was...

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yay! poll is finally up! :]

Good job guys. I loved lownotslow's piece.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hate to say it, but I really don't like any of them.
Sorta feel the same after a quick glance.
Almost feels like none of them really capture the subject of "still life", just random objects. :what:

I'll look later when I have more time, see if anything changes my opinion :oops:

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Almost feels like none of them really capture the subject of "still life", just random objects. :what:

I'll look later when I have more time, see if anything changes my opinion :oops:
I think people misenterpret the concept but some of these work.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you shouldn't have people's names by their pictures, some people will probably vote to get brownie points from that person...just a suggestion. And most of the people are still having trouble depicting what still life really is haha

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

A still life is a work of art depicting inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, plants and natural substances like rocks) or man-made (drinking glasses, cigarettes, pipes, hotdogs and so on) in an artificial setting.

you shouldn't have people's names by their pictures, some people will probably vote to get brownie points from that person...just a suggestion. And most of the people are still having trouble depicting what still life really is haha

I would hope people are mature enough not to just hang on nuts but to choose what they feel is the best photo for the contest. I could be completely wrong though, Dank could rear his head any second.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I laughed when I saw that XcLuSiVeLy4GoD's picture was shot with a Kodak Easyshare when he had all these threads on a SLR :lol:

My votes in.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really like low's and rolla's shots, both are the most accurate for still life. i like the top lighting of rolla good s**t.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like 89Sirex guy's. Has a nice warm tone to it.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, i left peoples names by it, because for the last few contests anthony had it set up that way, if you guys would rather have it be anonymous from now on, i can do that from here on out...no problem with me....

where the hell is mine at???
you messed up when you sent your thumbnail to OC, it wasnt clickable, so all you really sent in was a 1"x1" picture of your still life....

so anyone vote for a specific reason? its cool that everyone has at least one vote :lol:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine was between dave, pete or sam....dave's was a little to dark for me...i liked the upper half of genuine's, but no so much the bottom half....ended up voting for sam, only because i liked the colors, the lighting caught my eye, and i cant imagine the looks he was getting taking pictures of an underwear manequin in a department store :lol:

civic_tj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well its been a long time since I voted in one of these, and I am by no means a expert photographer but here is what I thought.

LowNotSlow: I like the composition and arrangement of the picture, it was a really good idea, I even like the background. The only thing I was not a fan of was the lighting, I thought i was to dark and it kinda took away from the "Wow!" factor.

89SiGUYrex: It is a nice picture and you had an interesting group of items in there. The main reason I didn't vote for it was the picture seemed kinda grainy when viewed at full size and I am not sure if I like the somewhat redish-pink hue the picture has, I just can't decide if I like it or not. Plus 4 9/16 inches is not alot to work with :lol:

Rand0m: Nice picture, very Rand0m subject matter! I really liked how you darkened the corners, the only thing I didn't like is that I thought the white background was a little overbearing, it kinda distracted me. :shock: A.D.D. :smackself

Genuine Rolla: Great Picture, I have actually tried a few like that my self! I don't want to take away from the way you shot this because it was really nice the only reason I didn't vote for it was I didn't like the bottom of the picture where all that white stuff is all over the bottle.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD: Keep trying man, I just wasn't feeling this one though. It seems kinda fuzzy which I am not a fan of and if you were trying to line the phone up with the colors of the background I thought it was slightly off.

Jspec Ej6: I really liked the picture, it kinda jumped out at me. I like the color contrast of the underwear and the manequin, as well as the color in the background. Overall it was the one I like the most, the only dislike I had was the top portion of the picture was slightly darker than the rest but it wasn't anything to bad.

Overall my vote went to Jspec Ej6

Disclaimer: I suck at photography and above is only my opinion though I will be attempting to start participating in the future contest so you may rip my photos apart there =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well its been a long time since I voted in one of these, and I am by no means a expert photographer but here is what I thought.

LowNotSlow: I like the composition and arrangement of the picture, it was a really good idea, I even like the background. The only thing I was not a fan of was the lighting, I thought i was to dark and it kinda took away from the "Wow!" factor.

89SiGUYrex: It is a nice picture and you had an interesting group of items in there. The main reason I didn't vote for it was the picture seemed kinda grainy when viewed at full size and I am not sure if I like the somewhat redish-pink hue the picture has, I just can't decide if I like it or not. Plus 4 9/16 inches is not alot to work with :lol:

Rand0m: Nice picture, very Rand0m subject matter! I really liked how you darkened the corners, the only thing I didn't like is that I thought the white background was a little overbearing, it kinda distracted me. :shock: A.D.D. :smackself

Genuine Rolla: Great Picture, I have actually tried a few like that my self! I don't want to take away from the way you shot this because it was really nice the only reason I didn't vote for it was I didn't like the bottom of the picture where all that white stuff is all over the bottle.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD: Keep trying man, I just wasn't feeling this one though. It seems kinda fuzzy which I am not a fan of and if you were trying to line the phone up with the colors of the background I thought it was slightly off.

Jspec Ej6: I really liked the picture, it kinda jumped out at me. I like the color contrast of the underwear and the manequin, as well as the color in the background. Overall it was the one I like the most, the only dislike I had was the top portion of the picture was slightly darker than the rest but it wasn't anything to bad.

Overall my vote went to Jspec Ej6

Disclaimer: I suck at photography and above is only my opinion though I will be attempting to start participating in the future contest so you may rip my photos apart there =)
awesome feedback!

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i though i was on iso 800 or even 400, and i though i resized it smaller so that would nt happen with the grains o well haha, i was trying to show how small the items were haha

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the vote guys...:thumbs up.

as for me, i voted for john, thought it was a really cool shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.