Vtec Controller

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was browsing some sites and happen to see an Apexi Vtec controller. Can some explain to me what it is and what it actually does? Does this increase performance noticably?

PAPPOUS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can adjust when you want the vtec to kick in.Either att lower or higher RPM.And you can adjust the fuel if you like.It could give some really good gains,it all depends on what setup you got.
If you only got I/H/E i dont think you will se any big gains.

But this is only for double camshaft enguines(spelled it wrong?)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid:

he basically said it all...

as for it being for dual cams...im not quite sure, never thought about that, dunno if that is true or not

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well hey thanks for the help.. now i understand. when i am no longer considered a nOOb?

PAPPOUS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go up a bit and click on user control panel then click on edit profile.You will find it in there

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have sugguestion on where to mount this because right now I think i may mount it in the glovebox unless i get a better sugguestion.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
inside your steering wheel. thats where im going to mount my apexi rev meter.

ahbongkadah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mount it in your glove box if you don't want people to see it... or some people take out their radio and put it there.

the vafc is just a tunning device, without dyno tunning it won't help... then ur just going off the "butt dyno" i've seen it make some significant gains but you will need tunning. and like pappous said with just basic bolt ons it wont help, then you would be better off just shipping your ecu. good luck in what ever you do

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that wouldnt be a bad idea but what about the middle air ducts.. wouldnt air still being trying to come up the back of the meter then?

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but whats wron with that?? the controller will be hidden, so wont attract thieifs, and will still get some air flowing through there, and cold air wont hurt electronics....

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard Hondata is alot better for tuning, but if you wanna get that thing, more power to ya...