Vtec feeling in D series...

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can hear the "V-TECH" when it rings in my house every other hour....

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NEWS FLASH!

vtec does not give you any hp :shock: The only way you might feel vtec is if you have a loud i/h/e and you feel the vibration of the tone. Other than that, if you feel vtec pull then I suggest that you seek psychiatric help because more than likely you are schizo :lol:

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
DaGFTDOne said:
If you wanna feel REAL VTEC go drive a 2001 Acura 3.2CL-S THAT has VTEC
or 05 s2000

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a100100 said:
vtec is overrated
If you don't know s**t about it and can't stand listening to ricers talk about it, then yeah. Its not vtec's fault that ignorance and false hyped up ricer talk exists.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a D15b Btec with a VAFC. Its a little more noticable with that than stock. But it really makes more noise than anything.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i have drivien my single cam vtec slammer and i love the sound of it but it's a whimpy motor, a 05 RSX type S, 90 accord with an h22 i/h/e/vtec controller vtec set to 4700, and that same h22 boosted, a boosted and non-boosted 02 rsx type S, a 95 civic with a b16 with i/h/e chipped ecu, I would have to say that the 90 accord with the H22 takes the cake when Vtec engages, that s**t is loud, and it pulls you back in your seat, the B16 was weak, it had a loud sound but wasn't impressive at all, funny how H22's cost less than B16's

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My v-tech actually feels good. Smooth with no hesitation.

On a more serious note, you can make a d-series vtec kick more with built internals. Not really worth the money unless you're going F/I or something. But I've always wanted to see what a built n/a d-series would be like.

And I've riden in a 00 or 01 (or something) Acura 3.2 TL-S and the VTEC just made noise. Nothing noticeable.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wanna' feel the vtec in your D?

Turn on the A/C and short shift to 2nd. Now from about 2000 rpm in 2nd floor it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(for f**king ever)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!

When it gets loud you'll actually feel it a little bit.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Wanna' feel the vtec in your D?

Turn on the A/C and short shift to 2nd. Now from about 2000 rpm in 2nd floor it.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(for f**king ever)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!

When it gets loud you'll actually feel it a little bit.
haha sicccc

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
NEWS FLASH!

vtec does not give you any hp :shock: The only way you might feel vtec is if you have a loud i/h/e and you feel the vibration of the tone. Other than that, if you feel vtec pull then I suggest that you seek psychiatric help because more than likely you are schizo :lol:
haha, you could FEEL it in the typeR hatchie :lol:

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
eortizr said:
Hi, I wonder if any of you guys have opinions about the feeling of the Vtec in a D Series engine (Stock internals). Do you realy feel the vtec like the B-Serie)
Wait a minute I have V-TaK!!11???!!???11 :lol: :lol: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well after driving my d15b7 all year....i noticed the d vtec the other night...just because i havent been in one for over a year...but theres really no power still...

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
My v-tech actually feels good. Smooth with no hesitation.

On a more serious note, you can make a d-series vtec kick more with built internals. Not really worth the money unless you're going F/I or something. But I've always wanted to see what a built n/a d-series would be like.

And I've riden in a 00 or 01 (or something) Acura 3.2 TL-S and the VTEC just made noise. Nothing noticeable.
Build D-series would still be a 15second car.

Jimmyd5354

5+ Year Member
man screw vtec, imo i think turbo would sound much much nicer and pull much better, vtec is just sounds when you have stuff like intake and exhaust. the design of it was to conserve gas. when i test drove my friends sti wrx Oh my FKING god does that thing pull. still vtec isnt really much.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jimmyd5354 said:
man screw vtec, imo i think turbo would sound much much nicer and pull much better, vtec is just sounds when you have stuff like intake and exhaust. the design of it was to conserve gas. when i test drove my friends sti wrx Oh my FKING god does that thing pull. still vtec isnt really much.
the DOHC vtec was designed for optimum perfomance increasing top end power greatly with out diminshing low end torque whats so ever. & yes the sounds of turbo is nice. Sound of VTEC is pretty cool i guess to.. Im use to em both tho.. being I have both turbo & VTEC, and its very effective when they come together. But having either or both for the sounds is flat out retarded.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if u want to feel it... get a vtec controller and move it up a bit lol.. absolutly no gain in doing so. miight make u a tad slower but u can feel it then...