vtec still hittin late..

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i the first time i got it tuned, my vtec was set at 5700 and i made 200.4 whp....then a couple months flew by and my vtec was hittin at 6000, 6200, 6500, 5900 you get the point lol it was hittin randomly... so i went and got it tuned again and was set at 5700 and but i lost 13 whp...... WDF lol and after a few months again after the second tune its doin the same thing and im full on oil too WDFFFF

any body have an idea whats goin on here?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Is it set to engage at different RPM in different gears?

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it set to engage at different RPM in different gears?
no its set at 5700 at all gears cuz thats where i make the most out of it..... it engages randomly... like one night i went cruisin and smashed on it and it engaged at 6500.. in all gears.. and moments later i smash on it again and it engages at 6000 so its f**ked up LOL

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe checking your oil i believe vtec won't work correctly if your oil is low

lilrob410

Mine is doing it also.. Use to kick in at 5200 then it kicked at 6000 but after i got a ol change it went back to 5200 lol and im not even tuned

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how are you controlling vtec engagement..
how do you know when it is engaging..

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya i stated up there in my first post that my oil was full... its jus weird
:lol: reading owns me :oops:

i'm guessing he was listening to it ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
op did you check your vtec solonoid maybe it's going bad just my opinion here bro :cool:

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes i was listenin to it LOL but mine is really really noticeable, and when i get into vtec it pulls harder, so i kno when it engages.

hondata s300

that_sick_eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

this was my first dyno tune....then a couple months later when this situation happend it went down 13 whp and the graph looked exactly the same..... i dont have a pic of the second one but looks the same but jus loss power and my tuner said he doesnt kno why my vtec changed :/ so he jus tuned it again and it worked fine hit at 5700 everytime...... now another couple months its doin it again... and this tuner i go to is a good good tuner, he was in couple magazines for his whips. full blown motorsports in minnesota.. he works with plenty of other cars and great tunes,,, and my motor is pretty healthy. great compression..

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well just out of left field, im going to guess that the change in WHP was from a combination of small things, (such as tire psi, engine operating conditions such as time it has been running temps, ect, hell even the weather as far as humidity, density, temp can effect dyno results)

as for the random vtec, it could be anything from a pore installation of a chip, to a loose wire, to even being as simple (yet OMFG annoying) being corrosion inside of a wire, just start with the basics of how the system works and start going up the latter of things that would interrupt that work process.

and just a thought, it very well could be oil pressure issues, just because the oil light doesn't come on doesn't mean there may not be a problem.