WagoVan!!!!

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ur right its not. thats funny w/e thats what crack will do to ya ...jk

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you do get one of these, you need to put some 15x8 25's or something. Anything wide with a big lip and this thing dumped would be the look I would be after.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
...we still need some hot '85-'87 wagon pics posted! Anyone got any?

other UPDATE: got wifey on board. She is now cool with me getting the wagon. All go on buying this thing ASAP. I think she feels bad about me having to sell the EK. It will prob. sell this weekend. :(
But, I know that it will be in good hands, so that means a lot to me.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you selling the 6th gen for money or getting a WagoVan for a family car? I hope it's not the latter of the two.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you selling the 6th gen for money or getting a WagoVan for a family car? I hope it's not the latter of the two.
Selling the EK for money to get the car we want, all cash, and avoid another loan/payments. WagoVan is just a new project. I love building cars, and this outlet is very affordable up front. Also, I just think that it is cool.
No, baby and family will ride in the new car.

boosted-cx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would love to see how this turns out. to bad you had to part from your ek.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't like the tan color, for some reason I notice all the windows much more. The white is super sick though. I think a olive green or suttle color would look nice too, maybe a charcoal grey?

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't like the tan color, for some reason I notice all the windows much more. The white is super sick though. I think a olive green or suttle color would look nice too, maybe a charcoal grey?
Much agreed. I haven't bought the car yet, however, my color choice and basic structure to the build has already been picked out, and will be as follows:

Exterior: A classy slightly off-white, ivory-ish color; All bumpers painted
The trim line that surrounds the exterior (built into the front and rear bumpers) will be painted a fresh black
Thin red-pinstripe will be added in the middle of the black trim all the way around
Mugen MR-5's
EF Sidemarkers added
Window Visor's added
35% or 20% Tint on all windows, except the front two.
Dropped, but not too much. I don't like my cars "slammed".

Interior: Dash and all panels re-dyed with two-tone: dark-brown and tan earth tones.
New tan-carpet.
Nardi wood-grain steering wheel
Nardi wood-grain shift knob, mounted up high w/ shift extender.

So, basically: Cream outside with luxury woody kind of feel inside. I'm certainly not shooting for the "JDM all black, Type R" deal here. Certainly nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to stay with the feeling of the wagon on this build.

Eventually, it will get a proper swap as well, of course!

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, and the roof-rack, mud flaps, and those "REAL TIME 4WD" decals will definitely be staying. IMO, they all help to give it that extra "dork" touch that makes it so cool! I'll probably have to get the decals designed and printed from a local print shop.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK, update: I sold my hatch :( .....but, made arrangements with the seller of the Wagovan to meet up tomorrow. It should be in my possession by the end of the day tomorrow! YES!! Will post pics to confirm purchase ASAP. peace

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome Van man, I will hopefully be getting a 90 civic wagon not a Wagovan but real similar. Hopefully next month, it will be the DD/beater. Its Dual Point, I'll just convert/swap to multi point and be done with it. Good luck with it man.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AW! My very first car was an 86 Wagovan! I loved that thing! To this day I always remember how well it would handle with just a tire upgrade.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IT IS IN MY POSSESSION!! It's siting outside. I'll get some more pics up ASAP, I had to run to work directly after I bought it this afternoon. Thanks for all of the encouraging comments peeps. I'll start a new build thread soon. Peace