Want to go lower...

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What would be the cheapest/safe way right now for me to go a little bit lower? I'm on a very low budget. I've got a stock setup and Eibach Sportline springs.

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lower = coilovers...
cheap suspension = stupidity...

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coilovers = money I don't have.
cheapER suspension = I don't have to look at my car the way it sits now, because I hate it. The back sits a bit higher than the front. Let's just say the back looks like a pro kit and the front looks like a sportline, which still isn't low enough. I want it to come right up to the wheel, or just tucking a hair. I'm planning on 16's soon so maybe that will help a little bit. I'm asking for what I can do, not what you think about it.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best way right now is to either get some koni yellows so you can adjust the perch or get some coil sleeves and run them on stock shocks... but i agree with bbp, don't cheap out on suspension :nono:

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Koni yellows... perch? How much am I looking at for both options.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cod Man said:
Koni yellows... perch? How much am I looking at for both options.

the perch is the part that the spring rests on, the silver part in the pic, on koni yellow this is adjustable so that you can adjust ride height even with springs, but ur gonna pay for it, there about $500 a set, new... now you can get omni, skunk2, or gc coil sleeves and run them on stock shocks for about half the price but u'll probably blow the shocks quick and have to get new shocks anyway... so if ur gonna do both as soon as you get money i would say get the coils first run them on stock shocks then when you get enough money get some new shocks...

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds good, how much would coil sleeves run? I'm too lazy to search lol
Thanks for the help

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
look at your civic for ow, same a g, and buy soeme coilovers...
i would never go to lowering springs...
i don understand why peopel cheap out on most important part of your car...
thts like going cheap on brakes...

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you don't have the money to do it right, don't do it at all.

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll prob. just save for now and get some coil sleeves, then shocks. Along with the 98754943253 other things I'm getting lol

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Machinehead115 said:

the perch is the part that the spring rests on, the silver part in the pic, on koni yellow this is adjustable so that you can adjust ride height even with springs, but ur gonna pay for it, there about $500 a set, new... now you can get omni, skunk2, or gc coil sleeves and run them on stock shocks for about half the price but u'll probably blow the shocks quick and have to get new shocks anyway... so if ur gonna do both as soon as you get money i would say get the coils first run them on stock shocks then when you get enough money get some new shocks...
which of these would go the lowest on stock shocks?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just cheaper end full coils such as omni or tein basics? not really pricey at all..

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some aftermarket shock mount like gc.. with the extra shock travel u can drop ur car a little bit more without the shock bottoming out

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you wann go cheap...you can dump your ride with your springs and stock shocks....ride wont be too comfortable though....and make sure to get a camber kit....all around....in the rear you can prolly do the washer trick...thats the cheapest you can go....no matter what you'll need a camber kit...

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
huh ^^^ lol I have springs, and my ride is amazing. Tight yet a nice factory feel.

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
if you don't have the money to do it right, don't do it at all.
Best advice I have ever heard on Club Civic, I think we should all work hard to prevent Half Assing

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah we should. but on the same note people are recommending a crappy adjustable coil with an ok shock. we should start recommending full coilover setups. they work the best and arent that much more expensive if at all, than GC/yellow combos.

i dont understand the enfatuation with gc's, i remember a few years ago when they came out, i was a sophmore in high school or so and every other day i was helping some douch bag put them on there car in autoshop. they make your car lower, they arent for performance and GC has always been a shady company to me, they have low quality parts and they do NO R&D on there parts. why use them, for 300 bucks your half way to a real coilover.