Weight Reduction Questions...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then it starts raining so you have to roll your windows up and you die of heat exhaustion cuz you can't get any air...
yeah thats the worst part. i wanna get window visors to help keep some ventalation

4BangN

5+ Year Member
that is one thing that always pisses me off when I get a used Honda. (honda's more then anything else it seems). People always remove the A/C and the cruise.

Lets break this down.

A/C - Unless your building a purpose built drag car.. WTF is the point!! Your not losing that much HP and your not carrying that much extra weight!!

Cruise - Are you a DUMBASS!! What is the point of removing the cruise? I dont' think you gain 1 thing from removing the cruise control.

these are things I love to have in a car. I use Cruise all the f**king time and I'll use A/C when I need it. So please stop removing these things to pick up maybe 3 HP to the wheels. NO POINT!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is one thing that always pisses me off when I get a used Honda. (honda's more then anything else it seems). People always remove the A/C and the cruise.

Lets break this down.

A/C - Unless your building a purpose built drag car.. WTF is the point!! Your not losing that much HP and your not carrying that much extra weight!!

Cruise - Are you a DUMBASS!! What is the point of removing the cruise? I dont' think you gain 1 thing from removing the cruise control.

these are things I love to have in a car. I use Cruise all the f**king time and I'll use A/C when I need it. So please stop removing these things to pick up maybe 3 HP to the wheels. NO POINT!!

What about people who remove those things because they simply dont use them. I didnt even use cruise control or A/C in my rsx-s

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
A/C weighs about 20lbs, front seat 30lbs, rear seat 30lbs, spare tire are parts 40lbs. i take all those out when i go to the track. cept a/c i still have that. but i also remove my subwoofer and thats about 60lbs. it adds up i notice a big difference about half a second on 1/4mile for me. about 150lbs. ill also take out my window washer fluid. some of the sound deadening is gone. i wanta get a carbon fibre hood/truck/fenders and loose another 100lbs. with all that i might take off 1 second. which is alot. i think 100lbs is about 8hp. not sure on that though.

4BangN

5+ Year Member
They say on average 100lbs lost and you gain .10 of a second in the 1/4 mile. Depending on how fast the car is. But that is just the average.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I took my A/C out in my old car thinking it was a great idea, until it got hot out during the summer :smackself
Girls like riding in cars with A/C too.

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I took my A/C out in my old car thinking it was a great idea, until it got hot out during the summer :smackself
Girls like riding in cars with A/C too.
haha..yeah it kinda sucks when they start bitching the wind is to much for their hair...i usually tell them to stfu but they still complain. I'm thinking about ADDING A/C to mine since the biggest motor I'll get, If i do get will be a b16 and im not gunna care if their is an extra 10 lbs since it will still be a slow car, but WITH A/C.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah thats the worst part. i wanna get window visors to help keep some ventalation
unfortunately they don't work that great. it was kind of a disappointment when i installed mine cuz you cant roll down the windows as far as you think you could. the water droplets end up rolling off the edge and flying into the car :evil:... they do look sexy though