Weird Light Issues 99 Civic

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recently picked up a 99 civic ex, and ive got some weird light issues going on, for example, when i hit the breaks, the left and right turn signal on the dash light up, the car makes a "beep", and the radio lights up?

Also, if I put the hazards on, while the driver lights are on, the car blinks one signal light an flashes the led light in the spoiler, also the rear mounted brake light, stays on when you turn the car lights on, which i thought only lit up when you applied breaks.

The previous owner, had tapped the third mount break light, to wire the spoiler led, could they have tapped in wrong or something? i don't see how that would effect the turn signal lights ,etc.. really strange

alex_n/a

stocker
check your bulbs and there is a short somewhere. thats something you will have to hunt down yourself. we can provide the wire diagram but you have to do the testing.

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking at the brake light harnesses, I don't know if there factory or not, does anyone know if the turn signal ground is suppose to splice into the brake light ground? thats the way these are wired up, and the harnesses that came with my knock off oem 99 + tail lights, are wired the same way, but i didn't use them, I used the ones that where already in the car, thinking they were factory, but maybe not?

MistorOrange

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, never got word on the wire harness, so i took the ground that runs back into the brake lights ground, and ran a seprate ground for the turn signal to the chassis, an now it no longer, illuminates the turn signals when braking, etc, but the car still beeps if i press the brake pedal with no key in it?