Welcome me to the forum

motozachl

Hello fellow motor enthusiasts I just picked up my first Honda. Have had several DSMs, cobalts, f-bodys, other fast/nice cars etc and decided I am done paying for premium fuel. Now its time for Mr. Fuel efficient slowboy :lol:

Found me a NICE gem and snatched it up immediately. Has only seen a few thousand miles the past decade, been chilliin in a garage. Has some nice mods: wheels, skunk springs, tint, full exhaust, intake, & clean as a whistle. Could use a little tlc and some new struts. I actually already ordered some from this site and WOW what a great site and interface. Welp any questions, comments, suggestions etc are welcomed. I will start a build thread most likely.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome! Yeah I buy just about everything from here haha. Well good luck with mr fuel efficient, if ur really a gear head unless you have another more fun car you'll be swapping/turboing/ or doing both to this thing soon enough haha

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:hi:

Can't see the picture. Damn work computer is ruining my life.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Welcome!

More pics! My 2cents is ugly wheels and sideskirts, not sure about the rest of the car cuz I can't really see. But a really clean start and should serve you well as far as mpg. Which engine?

emerican

Registered VIP
welcome to the site
tuned in for more pics
what motor does it have in it? what trim is it?
personally id swap the side skirts but thats just me

motozachl

Welcome! Yeah I buy just about everything from here haha. Well good luck with mr fuel efficient, if ur really a gear head unless you have another more fun car you'll be swapping/turboing/ or doing both to this thing soon enough haha
For sure no. I have other hobbies that consumes all my monies....standup jet skiis. My only plans for this is the clean up some items, maintenance, and tuck the bay a bit.

Welcome!
More pics! My 2cents is ugly wheels and sideskirts, not sure about the rest of the car cuz I can't really see. But a really clean start and should serve you well as far as mpg. Which engine?
To be honest I actually have a guilty please for white wheels (Motegis) so they are definetly staying, perhaps one would say they were a selling point. Being new to hondas I am not sure of the engine. Its a dx model with a 1.6L so that would make it a ________(fill in here thanks)

The car is almost exactly what I was looking for: 2 door, low mileage, single owner, automatic, light mods, clean, no sunroof, manual locks/windows, and no ghetto rigged swap garbage

Here's a quick snap of the engine bay. So many rusty brackets to refurb but that's nothing new

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Ya man I love white wheels too, but those wheels are like the ones you get from Discount Tire when you can't afford knockoff wheels lol. Your engine is a d16y7 SOHC non-vtec. One of the best for mpg, but hellaslow.

emerican

Registered VIP
d16y7 without ac good for mpg, but not much else lol.
do you plan on swapping out the side skirts just curious if you like them keep em man.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Awww I missed the no a/c part. That makes having a y7 even worse haha! So basically you will get like 35-40 mpg all day long, and sweat buckets while doing it...

motozachl

d16y7 without ac good for mpg, but not much else lol.
do you plan on swapping out the side skirts just curious if you like them keep em man.
Yeah I like the ground effects too :cool:

Ya man I love white wheels too, but those wheels are like the ones you get from Discount Tire when you can't afford knockoff wheels lol. Your engine is a d16y7 SOHC non-vtec. One of the best for mpg, but hellaslow.
Awww I missed the no a/c part. That makes having a y7 even worse haha! So basically you will get like 35-40 mpg all day long, and sweat buckets while doing it...
Excellent !!!! This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am probably not your normal civic owner wanting more power/turbo & to swap engines but I say neh neh give me that high mpg. Also not concerned about missing the a/c considering only 2/15 of my cars have had working cold air, kind of just a customed to rollin the windows down. That and Ohio just really isn't that hot compared to someplace like SoFlo

Question: depending on the car, removing the egr/emissions is a good mod. Is this a good idea for this motor? Will it drop my mileage down?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Removing the EGR will decrease mpg. It recirculates unburnt fuel from the exhaust. Also you would be dealing with a check engine light. No point in doing it unless its a track-only car.

And ya I thought the y7 would get like 30mpg, until my buddy bought a DX hatch and gets like 30-35 city. Its pretty nice. His is 5sp manual tho. A/T get a couple less mpg.

whizkid

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I just bought a new Honda, too, and am new to this site; but you are far luckier - I looked for weeks and weeks for a used Civic and finally settled on one with 330K! So now I'm experiencing impulsive "buyers remorse," but will have to wait and see ...it is running great though, and, WOW, what a gas saver!

motozachl

Removing the EGR will decrease mpg. It recirculates unburnt fuel from the exhaust. Also you would be dealing with a check engine light. No point in doing it unless its a track-only car.

And ya I thought the y7 would get like 30mpg, until my buddy bought a DX hatch and gets like 30-35 city. Its pretty nice. His is 5sp manual tho. A/T get a couple less mpg.
I figured as much, found this out after a bit more searching thus keeping it for sure. Heck I never tracked my 'track' cars LOL

I have those wheels on my hatch, but mine are 15" and silver lol
Cool dude these are killer wheels

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I just bought a new Honda, too, and am new to this site; but you are far luckier - I looked for weeks and weeks for a used Civic and finally settled on one with 330K! So now I'm experiencing impulsive "buyers remorse," but will have to wait and see ...it is running great though, and, WOW, what a gas saver!
ZOMG but hey it should last to a million miles. IMO would've waited & looked a bit longer for civic

emerican

Registered VIP
whizkid- you should have held out and waited man even if it runs good now which im not doubting i just wouldnt have bought one with that many miles. it will be closer to maintence needed and more prone to breakage etc.

motozachl

^exactly. I waited quite some time to stumble across this single owner, maintenance records, unmolestedness