What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Worked in the shop today. Kinda weird, we had a kind of snow day at work today. In my profession we work in all elements, but one of the other companies couldnt get their trucks on location due to the amount of snow, so they postponed the job!

In the 8 years i have worked in the oil and gas industry, this was a definite first, and doubt i will ever see it again...

So ended up staying in the shop building perforating guns for the other crews.

Went and priced out a new shed and then went to the gym. Came home and bbq'd in the snow/rain and hung out with the famdam. Debating if i want to spend any of my tax return or just save it.

All in all a pretty lax day. :cool:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^ I love running if I feel crappy.

We painted some walls at our new place. How fun.........lol
I have been so busy the last 2 days I was just so stressed without running. My typical workout is about 60 minutes and most days of the week so I was really feeling the added stress by not having the time to do it. Says a lot for someone who has been extremely overweight their entire life and in the last 4 months lost 53 lbs.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Relaxed today. It's my first day of "vacation", although I'm recovering from being sick. Sucks that it's happening on my vacation week. Didn't get anything productive done today. Playing some Halo Reach right now. Tomorrow, doctors appointment, hit up work to enter my time sheet and grab a free lunch, and then hopefully go for a run if I'm feeling up to it. I wanted to hit up the gym hard this week, hopefully I can for half of it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good morning guys! going to get up to 60 Degrees in Chicago today. Love it!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good morning guys! going to get up to 60 Degrees in Chicago today. Love it!
When I woke up, it was already 61*. neenerneenerneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenerrrrrr!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so not cool. its cold as f*** and rainy today :x
HEY! I told you to come down, and you said you would. THEN you went and made plans, and then got sick/hurt. Quitcher b*tchin'

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it was 70 degrees and sunny yesterday now its 55 and rainy....WTFFF

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HEY! I told you to come down, and you said you would. THEN you went and made plans, and then got sick/hurt. Quitcher b*tchin'
i do not recall this conversation

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I started doing some very mild mechanic stuff at work. Very basic but VERY fun. I love working with my hands. It's a nice break from doing inventory s*** and handling parts all day. I was falling asleep earlier this morning but the past couple hours FLEW by.

Ugh I wanna take a nap when I get home but I gotta practice drums....

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I started doing some very mild mechanic stuff at work. Very basic but VERY fun. I love working with my hands. It's a nice break from doing inventory s*** and handling parts all day. I was falling asleep earlier this morning but the past couple hours FLEW by.

Ugh I wanna take a nap when I get home but I gotta practice drums....
i agree. i love doing that kind of stuff too makes my day fly and im in a much better mood. i had to do some vehicle level testing most of the day yesterday it definitely is a nice break from the desk

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
......i want a cool job.. :(
some days my job is not cool. this morning i was in a meeting at a supplier today for almost 2 hours. the rest of the day ive been at my desk and had to write reports and recovery plans. i had a meeting at LUNCH TIME with upper management to present my test status and explain to them why we are late. i hate meetings with management

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Most days my job is not cool. I don't care what I do, as long as I'm busy. The only thing I absolutely HATE doing because I start to fall asleep is labeling and bagging parts. Especially large quantities of the same part. Good God I start to nod off doing that s***. This mechanic thing is a nice break (and a huge bonus is I LOVE working with my hands so time flies extra fast). I started working at noon, on break now, and these past 2 and a half hours feels like 15 minutes.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After work I'm going to go home, ACTUALLY do my taxes, and figure out some car parts I can sell. I'm sooooo brokeeeee.

I need me a suga poppyyy :nod:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
just signed and paid for our new insurance policies for auto and renters. it's as if we were getting my wife's car and our renters covered for $10! flock yeah!

now i'm at the supermarket deli eating some chicken and mashed potatoes, drinking a very cherry punch, and going over the paperwork.

going to visit the inlaws at 1800 tonight.

you guys know more about my day than people on Facebook lol

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
got off work, went to class, got home and replied to the what do drink thread. I am enjoying the storms. Need to crash now, and by crash I mean real good sleep for once

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just signed and paid for our new insurance policies for auto and renters. it's as if we were getting my wife's car and our renters covered for $10! flock yeah!

now i'm at the supermarket deli eating some chicken and mashed potatoes, drinking a very cherry punch, and going over the paperwork.

going to visit the inlaws at 1800 tonight.

you guys know more about my day than people on Facebook lol

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]
how much do you pay for renter's insurance? i started renting about 3 months ago and ive been looking into renter's insruance