What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Drop the engine to do a timing belt? Not unless you want to spend a lot of extra time for nothing. Never seen one of the guys drop an Audi engine unless they are putting in a new one.

$2k estimate would put the job (with parts) at 11 plus hours. That seems a bit high to me. I don't think it takes them more than an 8 hour day to finish. Unless it is one of the new guys and it's their first time.
Okay my bad i was talking about the b6 s4s

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay my bad i was talking about the b6 s4s
Doesn't matter the body style. You still don't need to drop the engine to do a timing belt...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just left the office and now I'm waiting to tan. Hopefully I'll be lazy today. Especially since I woke up at 11. Much needed sleep!

Sent from my Note 2

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would pass personally. Mileage is way too high for me. If you look around and have patience you will find one with very low miles.

Seems a little much for an 11yo bike imo
It is a bit high for the miles, yes.

That's cheap for what I've seen.

Decently low mileage for how old it is though.
Not really. I see them in that year range with half that many miles all the time and for the same amount of money too.

Mine only has 2600 miles on it and it is a year newer. No that isn't a typo. I rode A LOT before I got this one. Lost the energy to ride shortly after purchasing my CBR. Nothing against the bike, just tired of the danger of commuting in traffic. Not worth it to me. If I was near a track or out in the country, it would be different.

Also, I personally think that is a terrible first bike. Way to powerful for a newb. What do I know though, only been riding for 13 years and have been witness to MANY newb wrecks caused by too much power and no skill. :lol:

This is THE WORST possible time to shop for a motorcycle. The buyer loses this time of year. Buy in the winter when the prices are extremely low because of the bad weather. I saved $4k on mine by buying it in the winter because the seller was desperate to get it out of his garage and rid of the payments.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would pass personally. Mileage is way too high for me. If you look around and have patience you will find one with very low miles.

It is a bit high for the miles, yes.

Not really. I see them in that year range with half that many miles all the time and for the same amount of money too.

Mine only has 2600 miles on it and it is a year newer. No that isn't a typo. I rode A LOT before I got this one. Lost the energy to ride shortly after purchasing my CBR. Nothing against the bike, just tired of the danger of commuting in traffic. Not worth it to me. If I was near a track or out in the country, it would be different.

Also, I personally think that is a terrible first bike. Way to powerful for a newb. What do I know though, only been riding for 13 years and have been witness to MANY newb wrecks caused by too much power and no skill. :lol:

This is THE WORST possible time to shop for a motorcycle. The buyer loses this time of year. Buy in the winter when the prices are extremely low because of the bad weather. I saved $4k on mine by buying it in the winter because the seller was desperate to get it out of his garage and rid of the payments.
Yeah I'm just impatient. And I've ridden a couple different bikes, I really like my boyfriends Fzr600. I feel pretty comfortable on that bike.

And it's not like I'm buying RIGHT NOW. I'm just looking. I'm just sick of riding other peoples bikes.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Washed the car.
Checked on a coworkers dog as they're out of town.
Picking up some food.
Gonna go pig out then take pics around town.

When winter rolls around, I'll probably be in Miami so I have to keep my eyes open for an 06-07 GSXR750 up here or GA :lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its just after five and im pretty sure im drunk. I hate drinking after getting no sleep and working a lot for a week.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drunk. We'll see how long I can stay up since I'm a lightweight.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i passed out in the chair out front in the nice breeze until the wife and daughter came home. Drinking again and getting ready to head to hooters for some food and more beer...