Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Painted my steelies and work from 5pm to 1am...:P

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trying to finish up my ZC swap in my 89 hatch ....got pissed and stopped for the day =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
remind me never to drink, then do yard work EVER again. im pretty sure i feel like im about to die

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
remind me never to drink, then do yard work EVER again. im pretty sure i feel like im about to die
hahaha i couldve told you that. i knew this post was coming when i read about jeager before mowing the lawn

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, yah dood, bad f**king idea. i feel like hell

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I started to gauge my ears today. Got some 14g tapers in my ears right now. Going to put in a 14g bar later to keep them stretched and then hit them up with some sea salt and warm water.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went for a drive, had lunch with my friend and his gf then played 3rd wheel the rest of the afternoon while they looked at rings...i need to get my f***in life together lol
WTF...I'd be mad if someone came along w/ us while we looked at rings.

Roomie and I just had dinner and are watching movies now. Excellent weekend.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
last day of the 12 hr motorcylce safety course today. now im chillin relaxin watching fight club

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
milk? lol it was jager and redbull

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just got back from Watkins Glen International race track. HOLY s*** is it fun... $25 for 3 laps. I did 3 laps then I let my friend drive my car for 3 laps and then I guess they considered us a "car club" (even though we're not) and gave us a free 3rd run so I drove the last run. I definitely want to find out how much track days are (no pace car, you actually get the race on the track for real). And I am DEFINITELY going back next year.
My old car club rented out a track a few years ago and it wasn't too expensive when we split up the cost. It's a sweet deal... definitely look into it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My old car club rented out a track a few years ago and it wasn't too expensive when we split up the cost. It's a sweet deal... definitely look into it.
Actually a kid my friend knows rented out Watkins Glen for a whole day. He was charging people like $3-400 for unlimited number of laps. Steep price but if I could afford it I would DEFINITELY do it.

Track is definitely where I want my car to be. I'm going to do autocross next.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Actually a kid my friend knows rented out Watkins Glen for a whole day. He was charging people like $3-400 for unlimited number of laps. Steep price but if I could afford it I would DEFINITELY do it.

Track is definitely where I want my car to be. I'm going to do autocross next.
The key is to go with a group of people and split the price. Running on your own all day would be too much, I think.. no to mention your tires would HATE you by the end of the day. Get like 4 friends and pay 60 bucks each.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The key is to go with a group of people and split the price. Running on your own all day would be too much, I think.. no to mention your tires would HATE you by the end of the day. Get like 4 friends and pay 60 bucks each.
I'm pretty sure it's more expensive than $60 even for a regular track day lol. I'd have to check on that.

Here are a handful of pics from the event (before when we all met up and during the event):
http://wenink.smugmug.com/Cars/Watkins-Glen-Opening-Weekend/16656984_fZdxX3#1255737833_bTwsMT6

There were are a lot of regular family cars and crappy cars there. But our group mainly consisted of more race-oriented cars. The only car in our group that sucked major balls was the Jeep :lol:. I got stuck behind it with the 350 on one of the runs. We were on his ass the entire time lol. We'd lag behind for the turns and stuff but then we'd catch up mid turn because he was going SSOO slow through it lol.

The 350Z lost it on "turn 9" (it's a sharp and long left, slightly uphill) in front of me. That was scary... I saw his ass start to slide out so I immediately braked. He corrected but then slid the other way, and overcorrected and slid back and completely lost it, came a few feet from the tire wall, and stopped on the side facing the wrong way lol. I look in my rear view and the guy behind me almost locked his wheels up coming to a stop and a few seconds later there are 6 other cars stopped lol.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ImportFan - Sorry to hear about your friend. It looks like he's ok (from reading the articles). Is he out of the hospital yet?

John - Usually it's a flat rate to rent the track, and not a per person fee (at least at my track). So I'm saying if there are 5 of you, $60 each will be $300.