What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh s*** cookie. Was it your fault?
yup i had it all by myself on a country road. i thought it was one road and it was a different road. went over a hill and right on the otherside there was a downhill right corner on frozen dirt and the car just slid sideways straight into two trees.
Oh my god. Are you okay? :(
im not dead or have any broken bones to the shock of the police

ill get photos of the car on monday when i go look at it with my insurance peope. im almost 100% positive its going to be totaled

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did u get a ticket?

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got down and dirty to work on the Moogen for '13 season prep. Most work I've done on any car in a looong time...

Skunk2 Pro Series front upper control arms. Not too happy having to buy a Skunk2 product but I pretty much had no other choice... And of course fitment for installation kind of sucked. Suprise suprise. Oh well, hopefully the updates and changes they made to these arms are truely an improvement..

B&M dual bend shifter with Karcepts shift knob.

Ground Control extended top mounts. Might put these on tomorrow. Not sure yet, still have to decide if I'll change the springs for different rates..

Toyo R1R tires shaved to 4/32nd's. Hope to get them mounted/balanced on Monday.

Still waiting on a few more parts then off to my sponsors for an alignment and corner balance. Hope I can get everything done before March 17th..

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say I had a good night. Slept in till 10:30, went to work from 12-5 and that dragged on, found out I have all my hours back at my job, so no more 13 hour weeks. Back to 32 hours again. Then after work, went over to my girlfriend's house, and did some things, and then ate five guys, came back, and watched movies with my girlfriend and then she fell asleep so now I'm home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bought an oil filter for both cars.

I didnt accomplish anything today

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Finally got down and dirty to work on the Moogen for '13 season prep. Most work I've done on any car in a looong time...

Skunk2 Pro Series front upper control arms. Not too happy having to buy a Skunk2 product but I pretty much had no other choice... And of course fitment for installation kind of sucked. Suprise suprise. Oh well, hopefully the updates and changes they made to these arms are truely an improvement..

B&M dual bend shifter with Karcepts shift knob.

Ground Control extended top mounts. Might put these on tomorrow. Not sure yet, still have to decide if I'll change the springs for different rates..

Toyo R1R tires shaved to 4/32nd's. Hope to get them mounted/balanced on Monday.

Still waiting on a few more parts then off to my sponsors for an alignment and corner balance. Hope I can get everything done before March 17th..
dr000000000000l @ those tires. I wanna try R1R's.

How does the shifter feel? My friend had a B&M single bend ss in his Civic and I hated it. I have short arms and sit close as is so it was annoying.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Installed my stanley fogs on my ej1. Finding the Oem harness in my engine bay was a mission!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL. My civic was totaled a week ago....I'm buying a 2003 VR6 MKIV GLI....waaaaayyyyy nicer than my civic would ever have been and a LOT faster too.
Welcome to the club. Pics when you get it.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Having a bad weekend. Friday my girls car fails safety inspection for a bad tire. In the state of Massachusetts you can not operate a vechile that failed safety. Luckily I found a used tire locally n had her car pass saftey an hour later.

Yesterday we come from a birthday party n find out we had no TV, cable, or phone & she needed to turn in her finals. ( online classes) . We just switched to cable last week. I called the cable company n said everything is good on there end n there's no reported outages. They gave me a $50 credit n sent a tec out first thing this morning. We found out someone disconnected us so theyy could steal cable.

After the cable tec left she went to do the dishes n realized we had no hot water. I figured the pilot went out on the hot water heater. I went into the basement to light the pilot n noticed its soaked. I light the pilot n look around. There's water leaking every where from the hot water heater. I call the landlord n tell him the situation. He shows up a half hour later n takes a look. The pilot is out again. Then agrees with me that the hot water heater is no good. He said hells gonna bring me a new hot water heater 2moro so now I have to go the day without hot water.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like a shitty weekend indeed

Took a 90mi drive topdown to some random GA town

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dr000000000000l @ those tires. I wanna try R1R's.

How does the shifter feel? My friend had a B&M single bend ss in his Civic and I hated it. I have short arms and sit close as is so it was annoying.
If you want R1R's, you pretty much have to shave them. Full tread R1R's are almost like driving on snow tires. I mean if you're just driving them on the street then whatever but for any performance driving, shaved is the only way to go... Sucks having to pay MORE to remove half the tread from an already $500 set of 195/50R15 tires lol

Shifter feels great. I love B&M shifters. I have a single bend B&M in my '95 Civic and it's very smooth and solid. The dual bend is just as good.I would stay away from the straight shifter they make though. A friend of mine put one on his EM1 and that thing is so low and the throw just feels long because you have to reach for it. But the single and dual are great. I like the weight of the shifter itself. It's hefty but not so much that it feels like you'll break your trans. I used a Karcepts super light shift knob and to me, it all makes for a great feel in shifts.

Here's what I did today. Installed Ingalls rear camber kit for the '91 Si.

Almost ready to take the car to my sponsor to be aligned and corner balanced.