Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So..... No blowjob? :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No lol. We made out in the car though when I dropped her off. Well it was more like I kissed her once and she kept on me lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Found inspiration to start working on the Civic again. I don't know why. Installed an alarm and keyless entry this weekend. Getting lips, fog lights, and new radiator + fan soon. Looks like my build is being resurrected.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found inspiration to start working on the Civic again. I don't know why. Installed an alarm and keyless entry this weekend. Getting lips, fog lights, and new radiator + fan soon. Looks like my build is being resurrected.
:thumbup: good s**t bro!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Worked on the coupe all day yesterday, took a break from diagnosing and cleaned the engine bay. Did a valve adjustment, and bought some stuff to make an oil pressure gauge to make sure the car is driveable to my grandpa's shop. If it's just a rod knock and I have good oil pressure I'll drive it. But I want to make sure I'm not throwing a rod out the block. So tonight I'm going to try to tackle it, but it's also my bestie's 21st tonight. But we're not going out till this weekend. And for the meantime I'm driving my grandpa's 87 El Camino. His baby.

Here's pics of the bay:

Attachments

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Worked on the coupe all day yesterday, took a break from diagnosing and cleaned the engine bay. Did a valve adjustment, and bought some stuff to make an oil pressure gauge to make sure the car is driveable to my grandpa's shop. If it's just a rod knock and I have good oil pressure I'll drive it. But I want to make sure I'm not throwing a rod out the block. So tonight I'm going to try to tackle it, but it's also my bestie's 21st tonight. But we're not going out till this weekend. And for the meantime I'm driving my grandpa's 87 El Camino. His baby.

Here's pics of the bay:
If it's a light knock at low RPM's/cold idle, it's not going to present an immediate problem. That doesn't mean you can slack and wait 2 months to fix it, but it should be drivable to work and back until, say, this weekend. Get it fixed ASAP. From the oil light issue you were describing, I'd be checking out your oil pump for sure.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice I didn't even know you had a build thread on here.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it's a light knock at low RPM's/cold idle, it's not going to present an immediate problem. That doesn't mean you can slack and wait 2 months to fix it, but it should be drivable to work and back until, say, this weekend. Get it fixed ASAP. From the oil light issue you were describing, I'd be checking out your oil pump for sure.
It's bizarre. Matt (boyfriend) has looked into it, and he's a mechanic for Chevy. Talked to my buddy who knows more about Honda motors than anyone I know, and has good resources at hand. And my grandpa who's been a mechanic for years. And I've researched up the yingyang. It doesn't add up. The only thing I was missing in my diagnosis was an oil pressure tester. And I didn't pull the oil pan to look at the crank. But those are the next steps. My motor has never had a rod knock before, so I think I lost oil pressure somewhere.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice I didn't even know you had a build thread on here.
Haha yeah, it's in my sig. Not much of a build thread, but yeah.

It's bizarre. Matt (boyfriend) has looked into it, and he's a mechanic for Chevy. Talked to my buddy who knows more about Honda motors than anyone I know, and has good resources at hand. And my grandpa who's been a mechanic for years. And I've researched up the yingyang. It doesn't add up. The only thing I was missing in my diagnosis was an oil pressure tester. And I didn't pull the oil pan to look at the crank. But those are the next steps. My motor has never had a rod knock before, so I think I lost oil pressure somewhere.
Hmm. Loss of oil pressure could still be due to a failing/failed oil pump, but it's kind of unlikely. Bearings would be my next guess, but if you spun a bearing, you would definitely know it.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha yeah, it's in my sig. Not much of a build thread, but yeah.

Hmm. Loss of oil pressure could still be due to a failing/failed oil pump, but it's kind of unlikely. Bearings would be my next guess, but if you spun a bearing, you would definitely know it.
I'm pretty sure I did. I just want to know why. Because when it happened, my oil light came on only at idle. Anything above that it would turn off. Idled fine, plenty of oil, then the rod knock ensued after. Changed oil with 3 quarts of 5w30 and 2 of 20w50, rod knock is quieter but still there. No idiot light or anything.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
watched a truck with 3 guys in it stop beside my car, get out and walk around the car looking at it. I was inside a restaraunt eating lol. They then acted like they were taking a picture when someone walked out of the restaraunt then drove away. Didnt think much of it but watched them go and park and then walk up to my car and pull on the handle lol. I didnt even get up just kept laughing at them and wanted to see what they were going to do. He looked inside and pointed at some stuff then walked away. Havent been back yet but I luckilly sat there and recorded them along with our waitress lol. Kinda want to watch them try to break in then run out with my CCW in hand.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
watched a truck with 3 guys in it stop beside my car, get out and walk around the car looking at it. I was inside a restaraunt eating lol. They then acted like they were taking a picture when someone walked out of the restaraunt then drove away. Didnt think much of it but watched them go and park and then walk up to my car and pull on the handle lol. I didnt even get up just kept laughing at them and wanted to see what they were going to do. He looked inside and pointed at some stuff then walked away. Havent been back yet but I luckilly sat there and recorded them along with our waitress lol. Kinda want to watch them try to break in then run out with my CCW in hand.
Hell yeah. Do it and have your phone in the other hand recording them then post it here

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Had to take my mom to the doctors office then went out shopping afterwards. Bought shoes and a belt then stopped into work for a few groceries for the rents. Overall productive day. Better than sitting at home playing video games.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Frying wings for buffalo wings! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerican

Registered VIP
last day off work for the rest of the week so got a few things done woke up early to take care of my daughter and go to the dentist my mom meet me there and keep my child entertained in the waiting room until i got done. wifey was at work or she would have came shes off now whole family relaxing at the house. i got all the trash and boxes from our new stuff taken off and the last of the new blinds hung back up.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thought I was going to pick up a new top today.
Turns out to have a small rip in the same place that usually goes before everything else

Laaaame.

Drove back to the keys for parts for diff vehicle