What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel like I need to see a chiropractor.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
replaced both front brakes. pads, rotors and calipers. flushed brake fluid. cleaned off the mess of oil that was everywhere under the engine from an oil pan leak. changed the oil.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There you go! A bit of advice: get Cisco certified, learn how to use Citrix by getting as much hands-on experience as you can, and most importantly: stay up on your customer service! Engineers think they'll never have to deal with end-users or people from other departments, but you will.
L
That's what I was going for. Any other advice? I'd like to know anything that might be useful info.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In the process of reading 100 pgs of "Leonardo to the Internet" for my Natural Science course.... sigh university...also waiting on that damn ups with my brake drums... Does anyone want a 96-00 brake drum/shoe replacement diy?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In the process of reading 100 pgs of "Leonardo to the Internet" for my Natural Science course.... sigh university...also waiting on that damn ups with my brake drums... Does anyone want a 96-00 brake drum/shoe replacement diy?
Yes please. I've never gotten around to doing the rear drums on my car in the 1 1/2 years I've owned it.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes please. I've never gotten around to doing the rear drums on my car in the 1 1/2 years I've owned it.
Alright no problem, expect it up in about a week or two. I"ll probably do a walk through of doing a brake fluid flush while i'm at it :thumbs up

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

25 yards, two hundred rounds. 40 something holes outside of the big one. Meaning close to 160 inside that hole. :cool: I got bored and just started shooting around towards the end.

Just killin time until I can pay off that remington 700..

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:cool:I see you're coming to the Euro side.
I originally wanted an S4, but the gas mileage is ridiculous, and this car is my DD, so the A4 was perfect. I would have liked an S-Line, or an RS4. I could only find one RS4, and it was way over-priced..
yup, I caved and plan to join the club. it's going to be my daily also but oh well. 20mpg, I'll get over it. I'm pretty specific on what I want so it's not easy to find. I'm hoping to stay under 20k but id go up to 25k maybe

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's what I was going for. Any other advice? I'd like to know anything that might be useful info.
Intern while you're in school if you can manage it. You'll be their b***h, but you're going to learn a LOT, and your resume will look great right out of college.
Take a peak into the business end of IT. Find out if it's for you. I'm going for my BS and MBA, so I can eventually go for CTO (Chief Technology Officer) or Director of Technology. There's massive money in that end of the industry. That not your cup of tea? Look into learning programming (particularly C/C++, Python etc.) and add that in with your experience. That will set you up for possible script automating if you can't get work as an engineer (that's rare as all hell, but it never hurts to have a backup!).

yup, I caved and plan to join the club. it's going to be my daily also but oh well. 20mpg, I'll get over it. I'm pretty specific on what I want so it's not easy to find. I'm hoping to stay under 20k but id go up to 25k maybe
Good man. I love this car. Such a vast difference between the Civic and this.

an 07+ for under 20k is not gonna happen, unless it has issues, or has a boatload of miles. You're looking closer to 30k. At least, in this area!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Intern while you're in school if you can manage it. You'll be their b***h, but you're going to learn a LOT, and your resume will look great right out of college.
Take a peak into the business end of IT. Find out if it's for you. I'm going for my BS and MBA, so I can eventually go for CTO (Chief Technology Officer) or Director of Technology. There's massive money in that end of the industry. That not your cup of tea? Look into learning programming (particularly C/C++, Python etc.) and add that in with your experience. That will set you up for possible script automating if you can't get work as an engineer (that's rare as all hell, but it never hurts to have a backup!).

Good man. I love this car. Such a vast difference between the Civic and this.

an 07+ for under 20k is not gonna happen, unless it has issues, or has a boatload of miles. You're looking closer to 30k. At least, in this area!
b6 you can find for around 15-18k. b7 is more 20-24k. I'm hoping to go look at a b7 I found in the next day or two but it's 24.5k

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Settling into my new apartment. It's really weird to me still.

Found an 05 R6 with 8500k for $3800. Really tempted to be irresponsible...

Hope everyone here is doing well =)

Abyss

Picked up some OEM splash guards for my 2000 EX coupe for only $50. Hella cash. Craigslist is the best.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

8,500,000 miles! that's a lot of miles

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
b6 you can find for around 15-18k. b7 is more 20-24k. I'm hoping to go look at a b7 I found in the next day or two but it's 24.5k
That sounds about right! A b7 at 24k is pretty spot on for the low side. What's the mileage?

Keep another means of getting around (i.e. a car), especially up there where the weather is shitty a lot.

And Tokyo thanks for the advice it'll sure come in handy once I transfer over to UTSA.
No prob man!

I hate winter
I love it. Although, here, it's usually just cold and dry and arid haha. We don't get snow often, although we're supposed to get some this year. We'll see. I'll be in Colorado anyway.

Might have the Civic sold tonight, although the girl low-balled me like crazy. We'll see.