What are you east coast people doing about Hurricane Sandy?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I've been watching the news and gotta say.. This one looks crazy! How are you guys out there dealing with this? Post up some pics and let's see how you guys are handling it out there.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys for real.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
We up here in mass aint even getting hit directly and its crazy outside!

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
I'm a bit south of DC and we are just waiting for the crazy rain to happen and the roads flood like last time.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
We up here in mass aint even getting hit directly and its crazy outside!
What part?

Ive already had a tree down on my road. The tree company and national grid where quick to respond to take care of it. I went out and asked if I could keep it for firewood. The cut up it up nice and small n made a nice pile for me. After they left I picked it up n put it all next to my fire pit.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
What part?

Ive already had a tree down on my road. The tree company and national grid where quick to respond to take care of it. I went out and asked if I could keep it for firewood. The cut up it up nice and small n made a nice pile for me. After they left I picked it up n put it all next to my fire pit.

Lowell .thats cool of them now you got firewood lol

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
What part?

Now THAT is service :thumbs up

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm in FL, so it's not really bothering us, been windy for the past several days though.

It's not really that big of a storm, BUT the northeast isn't built to handle hurricanes. If it was hitting FL, we'd probably have some hurricane parties and then walk outside to see a few downed trees. Our entire infrastructure is build to handle hurricanes. Unfortunately, up in the NE s**t's a lot crazier.. I've already seen some pictures with massive amounts of flooding. Hopefully everyone up there is well prepared and staying safe.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im glad I don't live on the east coast (Florida) anymore

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I'm in FL, so it's not really bothering us, been windy for the past several days though.

It's not really that big of a storm, BUT the northeast isn't built to handle hurricanes. If it was hitting FL, we'd probably have some hurricane parties and then walk outside to see a few downed trees. Our entire infrastructure is build to handle hurricanes. Unfortunately, up in the NE s**t's a lot crazier.. I've already seen some pictures with massive amounts of flooding. Hopefully everyone up there is well prepared and staying safe.
I remember driving from Tampa to Orlando to see my brother during hurricane
fay. That was fun

Im glad I don't live on the east coast (Florida) anymore

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Wasnt just fact of hurricane its the hurricane and the huge cold front colliding that is suppose to make i bad. Im glad im not there

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm just outside of Northwest DC. We've just been getting some decent rain and just now a few fairly strong gusts of wind but nothing serious at all yet. Still have power but I'm certain we will lose it sometime tonight. News is showing trees in the area starting to fall and some of the counties more east are starting to lose power and are flooding.

But thanks to the storm, I'm enjoying a very nice and much needed relaxing day at home. Might not have much work tomorrow either.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm in Georgia so I'm under it all. It is however extremely windy. Could be from the hurricane. Curious to see how our New York members are making out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought I'd share this. This is how Georgia handles downed trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I talked to a friend who lives in NYC and he said everything's shut down up there too. He said he was going to walk by the water to check out the waves lol.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm watching a live cam of New York right now. It looks okay, just a bit rainy/windy.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Winds keep slowly picking up more and more and it's been raining all day. I heard NYC has 100+mph winds. That would suck balls. And like Joe said, up here, we're not setup for storms like this. Huge winds causing power outages usually lasts for many days, especially if it's severe like this storm. And this house my parents moved into years ago sucks even more than our last house because we are surrounded by giant trees. Any one of these f***ers could fall on us.

I really hope I don't lose power. I just bought Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam 2 nights ago for $5 and I'm highly addicted. I want to kill zombies.