What B series is good for highway fun

EK Doja

What is a good B series for highway fun not 1/4 mile ? I have a 2000 ek coupe all stock to boring I also own 09 si coupe which is fun I never dealt with B series looking to step up the EK money is tight car will be daily driver will boost sometime down the road thank you for any helpful info im sure i missed some info about my plans ask away

B16Ferio

5+ Year Member
B16 is a high revving motor so cruisin on the highway at 80mph, you're cruisin at like 4k rpm. i agree with 92lseg, LS motor

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Hondas aren't top speed machines. That being said, the final drive, and top end longevity of a b18b (LS motor) and transmission should suffice. They don't make much power, and are non-vtec, but they're good for long range.

92lseg

Hondas aren't top speed machines. That being said, the final drive, and top end longevity of a b18b (LS motor) and transmission should suffice. They don't make much power, and are non-vtec, but they're good for long range.
They make more tq then any other b/d series they just lack the 8k revs of a vtec motor

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They make more tq then any other b/d series they just lack the 8k revs of a vtec motor
High revving is bad for freeway though... that is, unless you like sitting in 5th gear with Vtec screaming constantly.

EK Doja

I know Honda`s are not top speed just looking for something to enjoy n have a little fun on highway ! Should i go with a vtec head i do love the sound

Or just get a Vtec block and head

Another question how do you guys feel about the H series

Last edited by a moderator:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved to Engine Tech / Drive Train Technical section. This is not a DIY / How-to article

skerrttt

I recently put a high compression B20 in my EM1. LOVE IT! It pulls harder than either of my previously owned Integras (both LS). Being a high compression B20, it probably has the same, if not a little more power than the LS block, definitely more torque, and also would probably cost you less than an LS block. I have it paired with the stock trans, so it revs high at highway speed, but it is a fun little f**ker regardless. In the end, its your choice, but I'm 100% in favor of the B20

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a b18c-r makes more torque and so does the right year b20. :roll:

skerrttt

a b18c-r makes more torque and so does the right year b20. :roll:
Agreed. I can't speak personally about the b18c-r, but on paper its more powerful. My B20 is a JDM B20b, 99 Spec, and that thing is a torquey bugger. Love it.