What batteries do you guys use?

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm about to install an amplifier in my civic so I want to buy a new battery to be on the safe side. I'm between a Advance auto parts gold top and a Optima yellow top. What's your battery preference?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with optima if you have the cash

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I run Optima in all my vehicles with the exception of my '07 Silverado because it has 2 batteries and I haven't pulled the trigger.

The Optima battery was the very first thing I did to my civic when I bought it.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll probably go with the Optima, it should be about $130 from Advance. Also they have a coupon for $40 off a purchase of $100 The code is LC123.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
optima is not what they used to be since they have become mass produced
Proof? I am very curious to see the information backing this statement up.

Like I said, I have been running them in all of my vehicles. This is over 10 years now. I have noticed NO difference in performance or quality all the way up to my most recent ones in my civic and my K5.

I don't deny that Kinetik or Odyssey are good batteries. I just don't see where Optima is "not what they used to be".

Also it depends on what you are looking for when comparing the duralast gold to the Optima, Kinetik, and Odyssey. The duralast is a wet cell is it not? It CAN'T be mounted in any position like the others mentioned and will leak acid if the case is ruptured.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
optima yellow top ill voulche for ran it a full day with keys on acc. bumping my 2500watt system all the way up

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ordered a Odyssey PC680MJ couple days ago, to replace my Genesis G12V16EP

cobb2819

i would NEVER run a kenetic power cell as a battery. it is not their intended use, plus they do not make a group 51R battery. their design is fast charge fast drain for high power audio setups. the optima is GREAT, i'll be running a XSPower D5100R and a 2farad cap for my audio setup. the XSPower is a BCI grouped battery designed for starting and maintaining, and then the cap will be for short high current discharge.

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've got an interstate battery in my civic and I currently have 2 amps that its powering.

eggyhustles

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't go with either

OP, check out batcap and xs power

i favor xs power

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had generic batteries and they always die, ever since i got duralast gold from autozone, i had no problems. i have an alarm, fog lights, and my stereo system hooked up on it. the battery is affordable.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eeehhhhh, i got my battery from... kragen? i think? i don't remember what it is, but surprisingly it's been fine.

i went through several yellow tops. they just kept dying... over and over and over. i won't get another one. >.<

now i have a separate battery in the trunk anyhow... XD

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had generic batteries and they always die, ever since i got duralast gold from autozone, i had no problems. i have an alarm, fog lights, and my stereo system hooked up on it. the battery is affordable.
+1 on duralast gold just picked one up the other day

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I picked up a autocraft gold battery from Advanced hope it holds up.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my yellow top! at some car shows i run my system the whole time, and jump other people's batteries when they die. I havent had it die once and ive left lights on and doors open

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got my battery from Walmart probably 4-6 years ago. It's finally starting to slowly die. I can hear it if I've had my accessories on too long and I try to turn the engine on. But it still runs fine. I had an amp and subwoofer too (nothing strong or big, small setup) for a while.

-93CivicSi-

I hear optima is the best, they are supposed to be a 'lifetime' battery. very expensive though, paid $200 Canadian for mine.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^
i wanna say a yellow top is something like 140 USD. like twice the price of the battery i got. :what:

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a quote for a yellow top at autozone $170 USD. i was like f**kkk that ill take the duralast gold lol