What brand of oil are you using?

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What brand and grade oil are you using in your 6th gen? What's best for a DD non turboed civic?

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mobil 1 all the way.

jdm97ek4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ gay ^^ gay

go with penziol 10-30 or 5-30
best for stop/go driving. dont run synthetics

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can run a synthetic in your N/A Daily Driver if you want... you can also light cigars with $100s if you choose. It's your money.

A 5 quart jug of Quaker State 5W30 (which is the same as Pennzoil^^^ the same company) is like 8.97 at WalMart. Or was last time I bought one.

I usually get Valvoline. It's real clear and light in color compared to other brands. It probably doesn't protect any better than PennzkerState/ Castrol/ Mobil...etc... but it does have a nice clean color :lol:

slammed98hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when changing your oil, anybody know how many quarters it takes to fill it? i don't have a book or anything to tell me.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
senatE said:
sorry 2-3
please dont post wrong or incomplete information... there is no instance i can invision where the engine would only require 2 qrts

Code:
[U][B][U]Engine Oil Capacity[/U][/B][/U]

[B]Engine Overhaul[/B]
D16Y7 - 4.3
D16Y8 & D16Y5 - 3.7
[B]Oil Change Including Filter[/B]
D16Y7 - 3.6
D16Y8 & D16Y5 - 3.3
[B]Oil Change Excluding Filter[/B]
D16Y7 - 3.3
D16Y8 & D16Y5 - 3.0
Source Page 3-5 of the Helms manual....

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is odd how the y7 holds more oil...but i use mobile one non-synthetic for the y7.

and dont forget to put a new crush washer on the drian plug.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t, I've been putting in 4 quarts! :( BTW I used Castrol GTX baby!

typeRrice14

^ such a ricer...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
royal purple and i get it for free ha

my pops works at a chemical plant and somehow gets this stuff for the cheap and by the cases

senatE

Titanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
typeRrice14 said:
royal purple and i get it for free ha

my pops works at a chemical plant and somehow gets this stuff for the cheap and by the cases

lucky :???: i wish i got it for free. my friend gets mobil1 the exspinsive stuff for free :shock: but i never ask to use it bc i dont want to feel like i am using him.

ZJeweler

5+ Year Member
Mobil 1 Synthetic, 5w30. I use that in all my cars, but I have only put 1200 miles on my Si since July. And you should also think about the climate you are in. A 5w30 might be great for me in NM, but it might not be so good for you in PA.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mobil 1 full synthetic......expensive....but I don't really care....as long as it keeps my car nice and lubed.