What do y'all think?

Decipher

Registered VIP
I'm new here, so I wanted to throw myself to the wolves. These are a few photos I snapped a couple months ago. I have since swapped out the headlights for black-housings, painted the window trim black, and painted the wheels black except for the lip. I'll have to take some new photos now that I've done that, for now just use your imagination.

Let me have it.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
i'd loose the eye lids other then that looks nice the color is different and different is good buddy. What wheels are those they resemble hx's thats why i like them.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It not that bad , only thing I don't like is the eyelids, but other than that looks aight .

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it other than the eye lids

Decipher

Registered VIP
Thanks for the input. The wheels are off of a miata. They were cheap and pretty lightweight, so I bought 'em a while back... not stuck on them really, but they work.

As for the eyelids, I lost those when I got the black housing headlights. I actually miss them a little, but the flat black housings look so nice that I would never cover them up with lids.

I'm a fan of painting lips and skirts the same color as the car, In fact I have a set of skirts that match.... but for the look I'm going for with the black accents against the orange, the lips and skirts are the biggest places to bring out the black.

My next plans for the car are going to be CTR sidemirrors when I can save up enough for a pair of power folding, perhaps a CF hood and new wheels with a nice offset poking out.

Thanks for looking.

Decipher

Registered VIP
You got any shots you could throw up, LowNSlow? Looks like we're both in 6th gens. I'd like to see what you're working with.

WBJ

Registered VIP
I can dig it but Im not a fan of those wheels. They just look small in those pictures. Im assuming they are 14-15' since you said they are Miata wheels. Or it could be the over saturation of the photos that make them look smaller than they are.

Im interested to see updated pics without a ton of filters ran over them.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can dig it even without the lips and sideskirts being paint matched. I think a CF hood would look really good on your car too.
Keep us updated!

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It looks pretty good. Couple things maybe to change to really make it look better;

My opinions:

-Lose eyelids
-Paint match lips
-Stock tails (the blacked out is tacky)
-Bigger wheels
-Smaller tires

If you go the carbon fiber roue I would stay go kevlar instead, it would look a lot better with that color.

Other than that I really like it.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Here's another shot since I painted the window trim and wheels black... can't really see the black housings of the headlights though (notice the lack of eyelids(cough cough)).

What's the difference btw carbon fiber and kevlar? And I definitely intend on changing my suspension/wheel situation with a lower drop/big offset until I get those bad boys tucked nice and tight and poking out of the wheel wells. I might even roll the fenders out a little to give it a nice wide and fat look.

One question mark still lingering is whether to keep my new side-mirrors black to match with the theme I'm going for, or to paint them like the factory ones on there now. More thoughts are welcome.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks better. I like the paint matched mirrors. And still the tires look so beefy on those wheels, what size are they?

As far as looks..

Carbon looks like this:

Kevlar looks like this:

Decipher

Registered VIP
ooooo I like that. Yea, that kevlar might look tight sitting against the orange with that gold sheen the fibers have. I'm going to have to research up on those.

The wheels are 14", tires are 185/65. Way too big of a tire. I'd like to find some crazy fat wheels and tuck them really tight. I'll have to invest in a new suspension setup, and probably overhaul my exhaust since the cheap s*** I have hanging under it right now is what's keeping me from dropping any lower. Want to sit something like this:

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the black housing headlights but I liked the rims in silver better than the black.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Ok, tell me this. Paint the lip on the rims orange? My buddy keeps telling me it would look sick. Something tells me that would just push the gaudy level way too high. But I can't really picture it.