What do you play?

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I love music. I think there are people here with an affinity for music as well. What do you play? This is my list:

Guitar, drums, and bass are my strongest of all, but I also play ANY percussion, trumpet, baritone, tuba, xylophone, and marimba. Yeah, I was a band geek in middle school.

My dad raised us as musicians. Music has the ability to transcend words, language, or any other barriers to connect people on a more deeper level.... Thats how I feel anyways.

My influences are: Jimmy Needham, Bela' Fleck and the Flecktones, Victor Lamar Wooten, Dave Matthews, Clapton, and TONS more. What are yours?

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Before Ninja's were outlawed

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I used to play the alto saxophone in high school. I absolutely LOVE the sound of a saxophone, but just don't really enjoy playing it.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I play trumpet, trombone, baritone/euphonium, a little bit of sax, f. horn. Got the John Philips Sousa award for my graduating class :D (pretty huge band geek lol)

I've wanted to play trombone in a ska band for a while now...I think that'd be a blast.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
low brass is my forté, the euphonium/baritone is my preferred weapon, though i started out on the trumpet and cornet. i still feel the trombone has the sweetest sound and greatest range, though, and tuba/sousaphones are fun too, but i personally still prefer baritone as it's easiest and most natural to me. i absolutely suck at reed instruments and can't figure out string instruments for the life of me.

yeah, band geek as well, though my school barely even had a music program. it was pretty much built and managed by us students. in fact, we were the once who decided how our director was gonna grade us at the end of each semester.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I played the piano for 3 years when I was younger...sucked at it. I played the trumpet for like a year in middle school. I've been playing the guitar for many many years, just mild stuff. I can't finger pick that well, mainly do chords. And I recently started playing the drums last year. I'd really like to learn how to play a violin or cello and I really would love to get back into the piano.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I played trumpet when I was younger - I still have it, but I can't play it anymore.

I now attempt to play guitar and piano.

I have a gibson les paul Studio (not my picture):

I also have a Tom Delonge edition Fender Stratocaster (also not my picture):

and a Takamine G-series Acoustic-Electric (my picture):

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Lol at the sims game I play guitar soothes the soul plus tingles my wifes puss =) =) haha

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an Ibanez guitar and barely have to play it anymore. I'm in the process of learning how to play it. So far the only thing I can play is the intro rift of smoke on the water and brain stew.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I played the flute for 2 years............................

in middle school (;
This one time.. at band camp...

Bullgod - No hating on the sims.. That's my girlfriend's copy, though I won't lie. I have been known to split up a few virtual families from time to time.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Guitar, but haven't touched it for like 2 years. Its an Epiphone Special II, the cheap one I bought to learn on and then never progressed lol.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the flute's awesome and manly. just look at ian anderson from jethro tull.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I played the flute for 2 years............................

in middle school (;
Was it made of skin?

Anyways i want to learn drums. I play on an electronic kit in Rockband and stuff. I would really like to learn on an acoustic kit. Drumming is an awesome stress reducer. Whenever i play i put my headphones on and get lost int he tunes. Makes the day that much better!!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b flat clarinet for 9 years in school, contra bass clarinet for 4. The oboe, and tenor and baritone saxophone. I dabbled a bit w/ the trumpet and french horn, bit w/ drums and bass guitar.

I never could play the flute well. I had my clarinet up until last year; it was still in pristine condition. I definitely prefer woodwind instruments and more in the baritone range.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I definitely prefer woodwind instruments and more in the baritone range.
So you enjoy the large wood instruments that you need to stick into your mouth? :cool:

blow away

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I played the trumpet, trombone and the snare for three years...I tried out the clarinet but it didn't work out

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you enjoy the large wood instruments that you need to stick into your mouth? :cool:

blow away
Something like that. Except the spittle that comes out of the woodwind instruments falls to the floor. Other 'spittle' isn't wasted.

wut :cool: