What do you think about my alignment???

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, I installed my SPC front and rear camber kit today, then took my car to get an alignment. Here is the print out, let me know what you think. And also my rear passenger side tire is rubbing like a b***h after the alignment and camber kit install, whats up with that???

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The tire rubbing is the affect you get from keeping stock geometry on a lowered car. When you lower your car, the suspension geometry is like "T" that. When you using stock geometry "T" on a lowered car, it raises the suspension back up right, thus putting your tires closer to the body of the car.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicex9700 said:
were is the tire rubbing at ?
On the outside part of the wheel well.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
The tire rubbing is the affect you get from keeping stock geometry on a lowered car. When you lower your car, the suspension geometry is like "T" that. When you using stock geometry "T" on a lowered car, it raises the suspension back up right, thus putting your tires closer to the body of the car.
What is your suggestion??? It's only rubbing on one side, and has never done it for the past two years. Just now after the camber kit install and alignment.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
What is your suggestion??? It's only rubbing on one side, and has never done it for the past two years. Just now after the camber kit install and alignment.
uhh.. I dont know really. Youll probably have to have the shop adjust it so that its correcting your camber, but not hitting your wheel well.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can roll your fenders and that will take care of it. If you cant do that you could always cut that little lip that sticks inward and put some touch up paint on the cut part so it doesnt rust. Just throwin out some ideas.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What size rims and tires are you running?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is your problem, wtih that far of a drop on those rims and almost no negative camber in the rear you will rub.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol exactly what I said. Youll have to get teh shop to align it like I said, where its correcting some camber, but not hitting the wheel well. Of course you wont be able to correct all your camber. If it gets SO close to not making a difference in camber, you might as well sell your kit. Thats what I did.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ordered some SPC LCA's cause they are .5" shorter than stock.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
Ordered some SPC LCA's cause they are .5" shorter than stock.
bro, I told you thats not what you want. The will pull your LCA in, or if you want to think about it this way, it will pull the BOTTOM or your tire in, thus pushing the TOP out (more toward the fender). Thats how people correct negative camber. It will only make your situation worse.

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Installed my LCA's and got an alignment, tire rub problem fixed. Now I need to get a toe adjuster cause my toe is off by alot. So ordered some SPC toe adjusters. This s**t is getting real expensive.

Here is my latest alignment: