What do you think of these seats for my Truck?

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So the only real problem with my truck is the interior. Old ass bench seats, one lap belt (driver side), busted ass looking dash / door panels. And it has a ton of power. So I want something a bit more safe.

Was thinking of picking up these seats / harness combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-X-RECLINABLE-RACING-SEATS-BLACK-W-4-POINT-HARNESS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQihZ004QQitemZ140053670161QQrdZ1

$300 shipped isnt too bad for 2... they look pretty decent as well.

Taking suggestions though.. I don't want to spend a ton of money (on seats.. harness is another story) so yeah ;)

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they look pretty good to me...and if you're gonna upgrade those harnesses then i say go for it...they look like a good deal

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooh just realized that the belts arent carb/sfi approved; need to keep that in mind.... probably should get seats and belts seperately

jakksquat

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
ooh just realized that the belts arent carb/sfi approved; need to keep that in mind.... probably should get seats and belts seperately

you could get those seats w/ the belts and just order a nice harness seperatly...thats what i would probably do

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you should custom fit a futon that folds down into a bed as a seat. Put it on like rails or something like a regular seat with the lever in the middle so you can pull the seat forward when you drive. Then when you sleep, pull the lever up, push seat back a little, fold down futon, and sleep :lol:.

Yeah it was stupid but I HAD to post that. Seats look like nice tho :thumbs up.

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
I think you should custom fit a futon that folds down into a bed as a seat. Put it on like rails or something like a regular seat with the lever in the middle so you can pull the seat forward when you drive. Then when you sleep, pull the lever up, push seat back a little, fold down futon, and sleep :lol:.

Yeah it was stupid but I HAD to post that. Seats look like nice tho :thumbs up.
haha I gotta futon too! ;)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in all honesty IMO the seats require just as much thought as the belts... the belts and seats should both be approved by some reputable sanctioned body... sfi, fiaa, etc.. approved.. although in a truck it is LESS likely to matter with the seats.. its not like they are going to break BACK.. since the inside wall of the truck is right there.. but if i were you id still consider something more reputable..

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sparco clubman harnesses are approved and cheap. I have one and it works just fine

Inigo Montoya