what do you think of this description - 93 Civic

NandoKommando

I'm looking for a good commuter car and am going to check this one out tonight. The guy's a mechanic so I feel good about it already. I don't really know what to think about 313,000 miles though. The motor only has 89,000, from a Del Sol. Do you think this is an alright deal, I need a car ASAP.

"I HAVE A 1993 HONDA CIVIC FOR SALE. THE CAR IS A 2 DOOR COUPE WITH A REBUILT 1.6 LITER ENGINE AND A 5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. IT HAS POWER WINDOWS, POWER MOONROOF, POWER LOCKS. IT HAS 313,000 ON THE CAR, BUT ONLY 89,000 ON THE MOTOR. A/C AND HEAT BOTH WORK GREAT. CALL ROB AT 816-506-7548 FOR PICS OR MORE INFO. $2000."

What kind of questions should I ask, or what should I look for?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. Thats a lot of miles...

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would probably keep looking if I were you.

kellogg6316

i would offer 1500. It says rebuilt engine. Ask if it just had rings and bearings replaced or did they bore it out with new pistons and the whole nine yards. Find out how many miles on the transmission. Does it have any grinds and most importantly , when were clutch and timing belt done.

95egsmooth

95egsmooth
if hes got paperwork for everything then it might be something you could look at but if he doesnt then dont bother. keep looking dont just settle for the first thing that sounds ok