What does ricey mean in your opinon???

alanscivic

Is my civic considered ricey or am i ricey ?
i dont get it lol
what makes it ricey ? speed, looks or what?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is no such thing as rice. Its just a mindset.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Searching will help you understand what rice is. Search the forum for "What is rice" You'll probably find 5 threads with the same name.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
In my opinion.. parts that make your car look ODD and Retarded.. i.e Huge Aftermarket Wing/spoiler.. Ugly Body kits. Some ppl say Stickers. (but im stickered out) Boost Gages with no Turbo... In my opinion your not Riced...

emerican

Registered VIP
Rice to me is things that just dont make since huge spoilers stickers to some extent some exceptions can be made
i am not a fan of body kits at all but i dont nessarily think they make the car rice depends on if its painted what it looks like and how it lines up
Rice is mostly the way people act that give imports a bad name we all know the cars around whatever town you live in with the loudest muffler they could find and stock besides that but with a sticker that says nos on it and rev the car up to 7k at every car and such this is just my expereince where i live
I have also seen many domestics done this way also but they dont get called rice double standered of the car world lol

CDubs

Registered VIP
:word:

but if i were to put it into words for you

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements (as seen on a youtube video but my friends and i were saying that be4 we saw that vid)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Agreed.

There are people who call any Honda a rice bucket, whether it's stock or modified. There are people who call Honda's with giant spoilers, 4" mufflers, extreme body kits, and 19" chrome wheels rice buckets. There are people who call, what we call, "clean jdm" Honda's, rice buckets. Everyone has their own beliefs.

On another note, I eat rice almost every day. Good stuff.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMO THIS IS!

That's actually not bad. At least it has a theme and doesn't have random parts thrown in. Only thing the owner should do though is change the carpets.

And it's probably a show car. Hence, all the "show" parts. Have you seen modified cars in Japan and stuff? Most of their stuff is like that. I mean s**t..look at Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift :lol: :lol: :rolf:.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i said exceptions are always made im talking about non modified cars that are only driven on the street
but it is true some people will always call any honda rice
Yeah that's a frikkin' race car. Close to rice car, but not exactly lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's actually not bad. At least it has a theme and doesn't have random parts thrown in. Only thing the owner should do though is change the carpets.

And it's probably a show car. Hence, all the "show" parts. Have you seen modified cars in Japan and stuff? Most of their stuff is like that. I mean s**t..look at Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift :lol: :lol: :rolf:.
Not bad, but holy GOD would you be caught dead in that thing? XD